EA BLOWSS.......

wow -- I had to read a couple of the other related article to verify that it really meant EXCLUSIVE.

That is incredible. Everyone else might as well just give up on regular NFL games for the next 5 years. Sounds like something Microsoft would do...

Maybe Sega can do a Hall of Fame version (old players and stadiums) :)

There are rumors that they are going after other sports, as welll.. this is truely a dark day for sega sports and other sports... this blows..

and what sucks even more is that the 2K franchise imo, has been consistently better since its inception, whereas the madden franchise was slowly loosing steam, but they did what they had to...

Originally posted by stack99@Tue, 2004-12-14 @ 02:56 AM

There are rumors that they are going after other sports, as welll.. this is truely a dark day for sega sports and other sports... this blows..

[post=125885]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't doubt that at all.

They are probably waiting to stockpile a bit more money first.

To be honest, its a pretty smart move.

I'm just surprised the NFL sold out that easily. They should have asked for more $

holy hell, I just read this and came here to post on it... not that I really know what to say. I'm also amazed the NFL agreed, it must've been one helluva nice big check they handed over for that. Screw healthy competition, lets pave the way for many more years of mediocre football - way to go EA.

Gee, Pro Evolution Soccer (AKA Winning Eleven) owners have somehow managed to not kill themselves even though Konami haven't licensed all the featured teams and are thus unable to provide real player names and logos. And since the games allow you to enter your own teams, it usually takes about two minutes from the release until you can download saves that have all the real names.

Originally posted by antime@Tue, 2004-12-14 @ 06:28 AM

And since the games allow you to enter your own teams, it usually takes about two minutes from the release until you can download saves that have all the real names.

[post=125896]Quoted post[/post]​

Of course this doesn't fix player names in the commentary but then that feature of games is always shit anyway.

It nice to see that Pro Evolution Soccer\Winning Eleven is finally competing with EA's FIFA series(In the UK at least). Its taken a few years but its sales are now excellent for a game which is missing some major player licences. But many people now see past that and recognise it as the far superior game.

I just also have to make a remark about how EA says in their press release that this move was primarily to make the gaming gaming community better or something innocent like that.

"Why, thank you, EA! You're so dedicated to making the gaming market a happy-joy-land-of-fun for everyone! We can't love you enough!"

And if Sega had done the same you'd all be busy proclaiming this as the BEST THING EVER. Fanboy bullshit.

some, maybe. me, no. It's a smart move for EA for sure. They now OWN the market, hands down. If SEGA would have done it, would've been a smart move for them as well.

The thing I hate is monopoly....no competition = HORRABLE HORRABLE games. Take the Gameboy for example. No competition for years has made it a very slow-evolving machine with thousands upon thousands of useless shitty games. There are fun systems and have some fun games for sure but they would be 10x as good if there was some more competition (which is why I am happy the PSP is commin and hope that it makes atleast a little stand).

I don't buy football games hardly at all but my favorite one is the 2K series. The madden series has really dropped the last few years and seems to be getting more and more lame. If they end up doing this w/ basketball....I am gunna shoot someone. DONT FUCK UP MY BELOVED NBA2K SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I am a basketball fan :p)

I can't speak for everyone else, but I think Sega having an exclusive would also be bad. Competition makes companies try harder. I would praise Sega for the msterful move, but it would be bad.

But don't blame EA. I'm surprised this hadn't already happened. The NFL likes exclusive deals. They are able to get a lot of money from those. Look at the NFL Sunday Ticket. The cable industry has been fighting for access for years. But everytime, thiey sign exclusive the Direct TV.

how possible is it to develop a game where users can develop their own rosters, stats, logos, etc and import them in?

I supposed stadiums would be hard to import though

Back