EB Games

What's this about EB Games selling PDS for $14.99? Are these old games they're selling used or new, originals or reprints, etc etc etc? Cuz unless there's more to it, they've been buying and selling old games for some time. But most of them are common used Genesis games and the random Saturn title. And they have used systems too. A Saturn is about $30 and a Genesis about $15 I think.

Any more info? Can you clarify why this is exciting? Am I missing something? Will I really be able to get an original copy of PDS without spending $150 for it?

I assume this is a US deal only - nothing like this in Aus - but I really don't think you'll be able to get PDS for 14.99. There were very limited copies of that ever made and I've heard nothing to suggest that Sega are doing reprints. Most likely you'll only get the crappy sports titles for this price...

Maybe even Revolution X.
laugh.gif

Maybe its a Canadian only deal? He is from Canada. Wish my EB sold good saturn games like that.

EB is also pushing for visitors to trade in old Dreamcasts, accessories, and games towards a new GameCube purchase. There's a deal going on as well. So keep an eye out for cheap, used DC stuff to hit your local eB!!

the EBs near me have been doing that for a while - but none of the DC stuff is cheap -except for those nice arcade sticks for 10$ -- my gues is they are trying to make up fpr the loss they take on the nintendo stuff

Just wait, man. Keep an eye out for really good games and snatch them up right away, but eventually, the prices will fall. They're just now falling around my area EBs. Used DC gear is pretty cheap. Official control pads for $4.99.

Good god, how I remember the final sale prices for Saturn items.. $.99 for brand new 3D pads. How nice that was.
biggrin.gif

i dont think we will be that lucky with DC stuff though - i think bugjet minded people are buy DC because it compares with the current systems

Originally posted by chakan@Nov. 17 2002, 1:14 pm

Just wait, man. Keep an eye out for really good games and snatch them up right away, but eventually, the prices will fall. They're just now falling around my area EBs. Used DC gear is pretty cheap. Official control pads for $4.99.

Good god, how I remember the final sale prices for Saturn items.. $.99 for brand new 3D pads. How nice that was.
biggrin.gif

I remember this, i picked up 2 3D pads for the .99 cents and a brand new import of pocket fighter for 19.99
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by mal@Nov. 18 2002, 7:01 am

Maybe even Revolution X.
laugh.gif

Hehe. I just stopped in today and that was the only Saturn game they had. $2.99 I think it was priced at. I'm rather disappointed though. I just went to the mall and the Gamestop there had NO Dreamcast stuff. None. I fear in preparing for holidays some stores will get rid of their DC stuff and never get it back. I hope that doesn't become a trend.

And the prices for used DC stuff here is low, but some are still pretty high. $7.99 for used DC controllers, most color ones are $11.99. Why the difference? I don't know. And used VMUs are about $7.99 as well. But by now everything has pretty much boiled down to the same-old-same-old. The stock doesn't really rotate much these days. Ah well. Maybe XBox will tank in the next year and I'll have another system to clean up
tongue.gif

My EBGames, which opened in recent months, actually has several used/refurbished Dreamcasts for sale at 49.99 each. That's a good deal; I was happy to see that. Other than that, the usual: used US games/accessories, gamepads, both Sega and third-party... I did get lucky though: bought a Mad Catz Dream Blaster light gun (the only one they had) for 15 buxx. Yay.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@Nov. 20 2002, 2:56 pm

My EBGames, which opened in recent months, actually has several used/refurbished Dreamcasts for sale at 49.99 each. That's a good deal; I was happy to see that. Other than that, the usual: used US games/accessories, gamepads, both Sega and third-party... I did get lucky though: bought a Mad Catz Dream Blaster light gun (the only one they had) for 15 buxx. Yay.
smile.gif

I was just at Funcoland last night and they had DCs for $40.

My cousin's been wanting one, and now might be a decent time.

I convinced a friend of mine to trade in his SNES, SNES games, and NES games in favor of a Dreamcast last night. He got his DC for $40 at Babbage's (affiliate of Gamestop). Controllers are still $10 used, and VMUs are $8 used. There is no price difference between of the colors, though. Babbage's wouldn't take his NES because they claimed it didn't work (apparently, they don't realize the thing is ancient and it takes a little coaxing to get it running). They also wouldn't take Space Force for NES because it was "rattly." Yeah, but he was still happier than when he got his first NES at age 3.
ohmy.gif
)

Back