Ebay removed my item?

lordofduct

Established Member
Ebay removed a World of Warcraft character I was selling for my friend Andy. Andy doesn't have the ability to use ebay because well he is really bad with money and had some very bad transactions. So I posted it. There are several other characters up for sale on ebay for character accounts.... why the hell did they delete mine?

Do you think its because I said it was being sold for my friend? The only reason I said anything about my friend was because I couldn't answer any questions about the account. I never played the game. So i said to contact him and left his email address in the item description.

Is it? Cause there is other people selling them.

[edit]yep it is... I located the TOS on WoW and looked up transfer. They say they will delete your account if you attempt to sell it.

hrmm... that sucks.

I recall a homicide over something like this.

Kind of -

----

[REAL LIFE]

Boy1 spends about 2500 USD buying a rare sword for X MMORPG

Boy1 equips his new sword to his MMORPG chara, "Chara1"

[INGAME]

Chara1 lends his unique and expensive item to "Chara2" -- an ingame chara owned by Boy1's friend, Boy2.

[REAL LIFE]

Boy2 sells this powerful sword for about 500 USD without letting Boy1 know, and thus, without his approval.

[INGAME]

Chara2 tells Chara1 what he did.

[REAL LIFE]

Boy1 stabs Boy2 to death while Boy2 was sleeping.

Boy1 gets angry over not gaining any EXP after killing Boy2

----

Now seriously, this happened, and in the first place, selling/buying such things is pretty stupid.

Originally posted by mal@Tue, 2005-08-02 @ 05:13 PM

Was that Des-ROW, or did I just imagine it? :eek:mg:

Nice to see you back. :)

[post=137757]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you :p

yes that is...

heh, I'd be pissed for not getting experience either! Eh, my buddy shouldn't be to upset, he just has tuition soon and was looking for some flow to help him out, figured eh why not these geeks out there spend the money.

To bad, he'll just have to borrow the money from someone... hopefully not me.

I'm very surprised ebay is cracking down on selling accounts. For many years, people have been selling everquest, anarchy online, sw galaxies, and diablo accounts. Some of those accounts would fetch over $2500 at one point in time.

It shouldn't be a problem with the game companies though. EBAY should have stopped this crap a long time ago for the players themselves. What sense of accomplishment is it going to give some rich kid to buy a character that is maxed out in levels and has every item in the game? "Oh, look at me. I'm a level 200 character and don't even know what the hell I'm doing," running around like a chicken with its head cut off. LOL

I used to sell stuff in mmorpg's a bit. Back when I played the 4th coming I used to sell my armors that I grew out of to a friend for like $5 a suit. In asheron's call I also found a really good item once and was auctioning it for in game items on a board when someone offered me $250 for it... of course I accepted.

I've been playing a bit of the World of Warcraft (my character is a Level 25 Tauren Shaman). I thought I read somewhere in the documentation that you could sell your account if you relinquish all ownership of the game as well ie sell it with the game discs/manual and what not.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Tue, 2005-08-02 @ 10:37 PM

I love you, Des.

[post=137766]Quoted post[/post]​

I know hun.

_ Dud just made me realize I did not use italics! Oh no!

As for ebay, the listing would have been deleted because there was an EMAIL ADDRESS listed in it. THAT is against ebay's TOS. You're not allowed to list e-mail addresses or phone numbers in the auction.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Wed, 2005-08-03 @ 05:32 AM

_ Dud just made me realize I did not use italics! Oh no!

[post=137780]Quoted post[/post]​

I noticed, but I didn't think it would be polite to point it out. ;)

Originally posted by mal@Tue, 2005-08-02 @ 03:34 PM

I noticed, but I didn't think it would be polite to point it out. ;)

[post=137782]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, you know how we Americans are: loud-mouthed and we like the safety on our guns turned off.

EDIT: And we are all fat and drink watered-down beer

EDIT2: And most of us live in trailers, mines down by the river

EDIT3: I'm an idiot, what's my problem today?

Vertigo: Actually that wasn't their problem. They specificallys said it was because the video game company had requested for its removal.

Back