eighties music

Some if it is great, some of it is awful. The good thing about not living in the eighties anymore is that twenty years has filtered out everything but the real classics.

g07b.jpg

Originally posted by Nadius@Sep. 12 2002, 10:12 pm

I, myself love ska, (an English Beat CD is always in my changer)

Wow, Nadius - a man of taste! It's not just me that loves The Beat now, Special Beat Service is my fave Beat album.

I love 80's music, The Specials, Selector, Bad Manners, Sex Pistols (70's too there), Nik Kershaw, Howard Jones, The Cure, Duran Duran, Men at Work, Ultravox, Yello...

As Myname said, the social climate here in the UK wasn't particularly pleasant thanks to that witch Thatcher, but at least the music was cool.
smile.gif
Music these days makes me want to vomit in the most part, just switch on MTV2 at any time and see the constant stream of Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, Blink 182 and all their sad clones, then go outside and see all the 12 year old kids with skateboards and Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, Blink 182 and all their sad clones' T-Shirts. The bandwagon sheep culture of today makes me sad
sad.gif
And I'll not even get started on chart pop...

Originally posted by segasonic@Sep. 13 2002, 12:16 pm

The bandwagon sheep culture of today makes me sad

And when has popular culture not been bandwagon sheep culture?

Originally posted by antime@Sep. 13 2002, 12:09 pm

And when has popular culture not been bandwagon sheep culture?

You may have a point there, but I think it's worse than ever over the last 8 years or so... Maybe I just notice it more now that I'm old and bitter... :
wink.gif
:

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Sep. 11 2002, 6:37 pm

Dude in the eighties pop was THE shit. Now pop is just plain shit.

I almost had something intelligent to say about age. Then I realized that there are droves of mindless MTV retards above what I feel is the cut-off age for pop's core audience (20 or thereabouts). So, I'll say this instead: in absense of creativity, there is sexuality.

Originally posted by Nadius@Sep. 13 2002, 8:37 am

You know what else was boss in the 80's? A-team, and Family Ties.

Money-hungry Alex (Michael J Fox) was a hero to me in my youth.. I really have no idea why. Probably just cos it's Michael J Fox and he can travel through time
smile.gif

Originally posted by antime@Sep. 13 2002, 1:11 am

Some if it is great, some of it is awful. The good thing about not living in the eighties anymore is that twenty years has filtered out everything but the real classics.

g07b.jpg

That guy in the white tanktop looks like he's having lots of fun
biggrin.gif

I like a lot!

I grew up with this
biggrin.gif

Duran Duran, Transvisionvamp, Bily Idol, Ultravox, Cure, Oingo Boingo, Men at Work, B-52's... and some others I don't remember.

I still laugh at the Men Without Hats - "Safety Dance" music video. Trying to set it in medievil times is one thing. Having some small continuity errors is another but having an electricity pylon in the middle of the shot is unforgiving funny :) I also like watching norman cook aka fatboy slim performing as a member of the housemartins, classic

music videos to download:-

MWH - Safety dance

The Housemartins - Happy Hour

'Oh what a good place to be

Don't believe it

Cos they speak a different language

And it never really happened to me'

Hey, I've got the 7" of Safety Dance! Great song, but what on earth is it about???

i always assumed it was about safe sex
biggrin.gif
MM listening to sunglasses at night right now. Good song on a rainy day for some reason.

haha, that's a good song to go out on a friday night, pull up next to someone who would want to race, play, put on glasses and stare them down. That Corey Hart, hehe. It's hysterical... I've just reminded myself of "Better Off Dead", haha

Originally posted by Gallstaff+Sep. 13 2002, 9:07 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gallstaff @ Sep. 13 2002, 9:07 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-antime@Sep. 13 2002, 1:11 am

g07b.jpg

That guy in the white tanktop looks like he's having lots of fun
biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

And somebody should have told the guy in yellow that his sock was hanging out of his shorts.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Sep. 12 2002, 10:20 pm

Dude that IS a sock... but why?

You gotta represent. In those tight shorts, if the bulge ain't there, then you're subject to speculation.

Originally posted by segasonic@Sep. 13 2002, 12:47 pm

Hey, I've got the 7" of Safety Dance! Great song, but what on earth is it about???

According to some crappy program, they saw a medievil painting of people dancing with their hands in an S shape and made up the rest. If you watch the video they all dance with their hands in an S shape, 'specially near the end

Originally posted by soldermonkey@Sep. 17 2002, 2:08 pm

According to some crappy program, they saw a medievil painting of people dancing with their hands in an S shape and made up the rest. If you watch the video they all dance with their hands in an S shape, 'specially near the end

It would seem that inspiration can strike anywhere.
smile.gif

Back