Electoral College certification stopped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions such as his makes the US government's stance on the Ukraine election all the more ironic.

Originally posted by antime@Tue, 2005-01-11 @ 08:58 AM

Opinions such as his makes the US government's stance on the Ukraine election all the more ironic.

[post=127580]Quoted post[/post]​

Not to mention all the cries by the GOP for a reelection in the Washington State Governor's race. :huh:

Originally posted by Quadriflax@Tue, 2005-01-11 @ 08:46 PM

Not to mention all the cries by the GOP for a reelection in the Washington State Governor's race. :huh:

[post=127590]Quoted post[/post]​

This is incorrect. The GOP won Washington governership TWICE when they did the recount! The Democrats won it on the THIRD recount due to King County bringing out votes from out of their asses.

But noooo, Democrats were able to get the results they wanted, so NOW they refuse to do a reelection. A reelection would set things right for the people of Washington.

Bush won.. Get over it!

Originally posted by antime@Tue, 2005-01-11 @ 01:58 PM

[post=127580]Quoted post[/post]​

We know there was fraud in the Ukraine election. Here, we have liberals making up conspiracy theories. What a bunch of losers. (Yes, there were some problems at some places, but it would not have changed the outcome of the election.)

Bush Won.. Get over It!

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Tue, 2005-01-11 @ 01:36 PM

Seriously, you just showed how ignorant on this subject you truly are.

[post=127578]Quoted post[/post]​

No, YOU just showed me how ignorant you truly are.

Bush won.. Get over it!

Originally posted by Lyzel@Tue, 2005-01-11 @ 11:54 PM

This is incorrect. The GOP won Washington governership TWICE when they did the recount! The Democrats won it on the THIRD recount due to King County bringing out votes from out of their asses.

But noooo, Democrats were able to get the results they wanted, so NOW they refuse to do a reelection. A reelection would set things right for the people of Washington.

Bush won.. Get over it!

[post=127628]Quoted post[/post]​

Bringing votes out of their asses? You mean them finding votes that were THROWN AWAY for no reason?

The third recount was a complete hand recount with all ballots accounted for. The others were not.

And in regards to the Ohio recount. All of the parties involved aknowledged the fact that a recount would not change the outcome of the election, so stop stating otherwise because it makes you sound like a moron for ignoring the facts.

The facts in this case are that electronic voting as it stands today is fucked up and doesn't work. They want to change this, and Ohio had the most blatant problems (and to say there were only minor problems is to once again, ignore the facts).

Seriously, this has nothing to do with changing the outcome of this election, but making sure future elections are legitimate.

And by the way, the libertarian party, which was a major playor in the Ohio recount, is not generally considered liberal, but conservative and pro-small government (much like the Republicans you seem to love so much). So please shut up with this, bush won, get over it bullshit. No one is questioning his winning this election (the last election hovever is more apt to scrutiny however).

Originally posted by Lyzel@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 07:59 AM

(Yes, there were some problems at some places, but it would not have changed the outcome of the election.)

As usual, you're missing the point completely. It doesn't matter if the result change or not, a fair election is the very cornerstone of democracy every claim of misconduct must be investigated. That's the onyl way to make sure things work.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 05:08 AM

Bringing votes out of their asses? You mean them finding votes that were THROWN AWAY for no reason?

The third recount was a complete hand recount with all ballots accounted for. The others were not.

See the link here!

Rossi given fresh hope as 'mystery voters' grow

GOP calls on counties to explain a discrepancy of nearly 8,500

By CHRIS McGANN

SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER CAPITOL CORRESPONDENT

Thousands of "mystery voters" in the counties of King, Pierce, Snohomish, Clark and Kitsap appear to be Republican Dino Rossi's best prospect for challenging the legitimacy of the closest and most contentious gubernatorial election in the state's history.

The state Republican Party yesterday called on county election officials to explain what the GOP says is a nearly 8,500-vote discrepancy between county vote tallies and the number of people credited with actually voting in the election.

"People ask me what would fraud look like? It would look like this," said state Republican Party Chairman Chris Vance.

County auditors and election officials say Republicans have based their conclusions on there being many more votes than voters on preliminary lists, and they say much of the deviation would be accounted for as voter lists are updated.

But they do not dispute that the numbers don't add up.

And most agree they never will.

"At the end of this, it's never going to match one to one given the volume," said Dean Logan, elections director of King County, which counted about 900,000 votes.

The current number is "larger than I'm comfortable with," Logan said. But based on historical data, he expects the reconciled lists to include 1,000 to 1,500 more votes than voters accounted for even after the lists are reconciled.

Logan said those unaccounted-for votes would likely be from military voters who cast federal write-in ballots and the 76 people in King County who participate in the Address Confidentiality Program.

"I think this is sort of the issue du jour," Logan said. "There has been no evidence of any voter fraud. The differences on the lists are not, in and of themselves, indication that there was."

Vance said that's outrageous.

"You simply can't have more votes counted than you have voters," Vance said. "The counties have to come up with a plausible explanation for this and if they don't this election is invalid on its face."

And Secretary of State Sam Reed again said that this issue could be used to contest the election.

Throughout the process, both parties have scrutinized even the smallest inconsistencies.

Democrat Christine Gregoire became governor-elect when a hand recount of nearly 2.9 million votes put her ahead of Rossi by 129 votes. Rossi had come out 261 votes ahead after the first machine count and 42 votes ahead after the mandatory mechanical recount.

Last week Republicans demanded that King County explain how its tally of votes counted exceeded the number of people listed as voting by 3,539. This week they found similar disparities in other populous counties.

Clark County Auditor Greg Kimsey said he thinks that 553 of the 1,005 vote-to-voter discrepancy there will be accounted for when the list of inactive voters -- those who have not participated in recent elections -- is reconciled with those who did in fact turn out in November.

But he has no plans to try to account for 452 extra poll, absentee and provisional votes.

"It would be a huge task," Kimsey said. "You are looking through 121,679 absentee ballots, affidavit envelopes and through poll books where 50,598 voters cast their ballots.

"The controls that are in place in the election process ensure that only registered voters are going to receive a ballot. While I understand the concern that comes from seeing two different numbers, the controls are at the front end."

Republicans contend that serious questions arise when results are certified before the voter lists are reconciled with the number of votes counted.

The counties say they don't because law does not require it.

Reed said that in each election, counties have a statutory requirement to record the names of all voters who cast ballots. He said that reconciling that list with the list of votes cast is an important quality-control measure.

Significant discrepancies could be of grave concern, he said.

"This is an issue that could potentially be used to contest the election," Reed said. "You'd have to make the point to the judge that it actually made a difference."

Carolyn Diepenbrock, Snohomish County elections manager, said the deviation in her lists is 388, not the more than 1,700 as the Republican's contend.

"We believe that the majority of those 388 are poll voters who signed in the poll book but actually voted a provisional ballot," Diepenbrock said.

She said the county would likely be able to update records as early as tomorrow.

King County officials said they would release completed lists Friday.

Pat McCarthy, Pierce County auditor, said she couldn't say how much the two lists deviated but she knows it's by less than the 1,640 Republicans contend.

She said that if the number were that big "it would have been a problem."

Rossi's spokeswoman Mary Lane said there's no excuse for certifying the election before these lists are reconciled. Otherwise, "we can't be certain that the number they certified is valid," Lane said.

"If someone wanted to commit voter fraud, this is one of the ways they could do it. When you have a number this huge, in an election this close, we need to have the answers and the counties need to provide those answers -- and the onus is on them right now."

One high-profile Republican, former Gov. Dan Evans, joined the chorus calling for a new election with an online essay published Friday.

"Democracy may be messy, but its principles are why it still serves us best," Evans wrote for the Web site www.revotewa.com. "If we screw up the implementation, let's go back to the principles. The voters' will is paramount."

He proposed a special election next month. Yesterday, Evans said his appetite for a revote depends heavily on how King County answers questions about the 3,500-vote difference between voter rolls and certified ballots.

"If they can explain that and there are no other significant errors, in spite of the fact of a close election, it's time to say 'OK, we'll accept it,' " Evans said.

------------------------------------

Bush won... Get over it!!

Originally posted by antime@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 05:16 AM

It doesn't matter if the result change or not, a fair election is the very cornerstone of democracy every claim of misconduct must be investigated. That's the onyl way to make sure things work.

[post=127632]Quoted post[/post]​

Uh huh.. as long that it is fair to liberals? I agree with what you're saying, but it should be fair for all parties.

---

Bush won! Get over it!

I never have contested having a re-election in Washington, but I imagine you would throw a shitfit if someone were to want a re-election in Ohio for the presidential bid.

You know something else? The issues in Ohio are still worse than those in Washington.

Originally posted by Lyzel@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 08:23 AM

Uh huh.. as long that it is fair to liberals? I agree with what you're saying, but it should be fair for all parties.

Please show me where I have said it shouldn't be?

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 05:25 AM

I imagine you would throw a shitfit if someone were to want a re-election in Ohio for the presidential bid.

Not at all, IF the election was TOO close to call. And If there were major MAJOR issues that made it impossible to determine a winner.. NOT CONSPIRACY THEORIES like there are right now.

---

Bush won! Get over it!

Originally posted by antime@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 05:34 AM

Please show me where I have said it shouldn't be?

[post=127637]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not saying that you did!

But see Washington...

---

Bush won! Get over it!

Originally posted by Lyzel@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 12:36 AM

Not at all, IF the election was TOO close to call. And If there were major MAJOR issues that made it impossible to determine a winner.. NOT CONSPIRACY THEORIES like there are right now.

---

Bush won! Get over it!

[post=127638]Quoted post[/post]​

So are you saying every vote doesn't matter? There were AT LEAST hundreds of people that couldn't vote because of the long lines in primarily democratic places. There were THOUSANDS of electronic voting errors, many of which have been linked to actual fraud. Even the recount that was done, was done incorrectly.

It seems like you want to say 'I want a revote in washington because I think we'll win' and you say 'I don't want a revote in Ohio because it might prove all those looney liberals right'

Originally posted by Lyzel+Mon, 2005-01-10 @ 10:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lyzel @ Mon, 2005-01-10 @ 10:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Bush won. Get over it.

[post=127552]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

Originally posted by Lyzel@Tue, 2005-01-11 @ 11:54 PM

Bush won.. Get over it!

[post=127628]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by Lyzel@Tue, 2005-01-11 @ 11:59 PM

Bush Won.. Get over It!

[post=127629]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by Lyzel@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 12:02 AM

Bush won.. Get over it!

[post=127630]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by Lyzel@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 12:19 AM

Bush won... Get over it!!

[post=127633]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by Lyzel@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 12:23 AM

Bush won! Get over it!

[post=127634]Quoted post[/post]​

<!--QuoteBegin-Lyzel
@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 12:36 AM

Bush won! Get over it!

[post=127638]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Have you ever considered taking your own advice? :sigh

We know there was fraud in the Ukraine election. Here, we have liberals making up conspiracy theories. What a bunch of losers. (Yes, there were some problems at some places, but it would not have changed the outcome of the election.)

Here's my question for you: do you think our government would have given a shit if the fraud had been in their interests, rather than working against them, as it did?

And another one: if the tables had been turned, do you really believe that Republicans wouldn't be coming up with 'conspiracy theories', bitching, and/or moaning? Aren't you right-wingers the ones that are always complaining about the 'damn liberal media'?

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 05:43 AM

So are you saying every vote doesn't matter? There were AT LEAST hundreds of people that couldn't vote because of the long lines in primarily democratic places. There were THOUSANDS of electronic voting errors, many of which have been linked to actual fraud. Even the recount that was done, was done incorrectly.
Where are all these thousand of errors? Awww, poor democrats were AGAIN marginalized because of "long lines". Like ONLY democrats have this problem.

It seems like you want to say 'I want a revote in washington because I think we'll win' and you say 'I don't want a revote in Ohio because it might prove all those looney liberals right'

[post=127640]Quoted post[/post]​

It seems like you are waiting for that .00009 percentage that Kerry won.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 05:52 AM

Have you ever considered taking your own advice? :sigh

[post=127641]Quoted post[/post]​

It's for the looneys =). Needs to be repeated until they get it.. you know how you liberals are :)

Originally posted by it290@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 06:17 AM

Here's my question for you:  do you think our government would have given a shit if the fraud had been in their interests, rather than working against them, as it did?
I respect and love this country. I would give the government the benefit of doubts. I don't believe all governments are evil. I would wait and see.

And another one:  if the tables had been turned, do you really believe that Republicans wouldn't be coming up with 'conspiracy theories', bitching, and/or moaning? 
I'm sure there are Republicans that would, but I doubt it would be as high as the liberals. The liberals invented this....

Aren't you right-wingers the ones that are always complaining about the 'damn liberal media'?

No! No! no! That's sooo wrong! The liberals are the ones complaining about Fox News!!! And there are MORE liberal media out there!!! How ironic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back