Endless Mode in StepMania

Cloud121

Established Member
You guys... I decided to give Endless mode a shot... oh my god... :eek:mg: I don't know if I'll ever do that again. Here are the final stats:

70:20:42 (70 Minutes, and 20.42 Seconds)

70% Complete

43 Stages Passed

3574 Marvelous

2583 Perfects

2034 Greats

374 Goods

95 Boos

351 Misses

230 Oks

Ugh.. I can't feel my legs... I'm off to bed... Later guys.... :sigh

I once played all of 4th mix on my feet in a nonstop on the psx and had under 500 greats for the whole set. it's about 50 songs, all on heavy.

Originally posted by Tagrineth+Apr 28, 2004 @ 08:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tagrineth @ Apr 28, 2004 @ 08:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cloud121@Apr 28, 2004 @ 04:16 PM

Heh... I may give it another shot on Thursday (That's StepMania night for me).

Wish me luck! :)

What setting? :D [/b][/quote]

Standard Mode and at 2x.

I'm not gonna move up to Heavy completely (I can do a few Heavy songs) until I can get at least a B on ALL the songs I play. Most are B's or A's, but there are a few that are C's and D's. I need to get those up before I move up to Heavy.

New Endless Mode Score:

75.44.66 (75 Minutes and 44.66 Seconds)

72.6% Complete

46 Stages Passed

Unfortunately, when I rolled my computer chair over to the desk, one of the rollers rolled over the Start button on the pad. Therefore, I was unable to write down the steps and all.

Originally posted by Cloud121+Apr 29, 2004 @ 09:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cloud121 @ Apr 29, 2004 @ 09:03 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Tagrineth@Apr 28, 2004 @ 08:49 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Cloud121
@Apr 28, 2004 @ 04:16 PM

Heh... I may give it another shot on Thursday (That's StepMania night for me).

Wish me luck! :)

What setting? :D

Standard Mode and at 2x.

I'm not gonna move up to Heavy completely (I can do a few Heavy songs) until I can get at least a B on ALL the songs I play. Most are B's or A's, but there are a few that are C's and D's. I need to get those up before I move up to Heavy. [/b][/quote]

Turn 2x off, you fool.

And if you really think you aren't going to move up to Heavy until you can "do all of them with at least a B"... I hope you're excluding 300bpm songs, along with the few 7-8 foot Standards.

There are, in fact, a few songs that are harder on Standard than most others on Heavy.

Why turn off 2x? It's my preferred play style, and yes, I am exluding the 300 BPM songs. The only Standard song that I can do that's above six feet is Exotic Ethnic (2x = B + 105 Combo is my best).

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@May 2, 2004 @ 08:04 PM

i dilike how everything is bunched together so much at 1x. I usually use 1.5-2x

Yeah, well, that is the whole point. But sure, if you are just a casual DDR player, then you aren't falling into any traps by using speed modifiers.

Originally posted by Cloud121@May 2, 2004 @ 08:03 PM

Why turn off 2x? It's my preferred play style, and yes, I am exluding the 300 BPM songs. The only Standard song that I can do that's above six feet is Exotic Ethnic (2x = B + 105 Combo is my best).

You shouldn't have started using 2x to begin with.

Or don't you think there might be a reason the steps are aligned the way they are by default?

Songs like Bag, So Deep (Perfect Sphere Mix), Santa Morette Ne Ente... are made harder by their bunched-ness. It's part of the challenge.

Granted, you're not at that level yet... but it's cheap. All of the challenge of Bag and a good chunk of So Deep is ripped away if you use a speed modifier.

Hell, I could probably survive both of those if I set 2x. Right now, I can't do much of Bag at all, and I can do about 2/3 of So Deep...

And after a bunch of practice and actual work, I can get an A on SMNE without modifiers.

Back