Even more Sega Ages titles

I'm curious to see Outrun in 3D. It's like Space Harrier it will change everything.

Virtua Racing could be fine too but now when I see it, I find it has bad grow old.

Originally posted by vbt@Sep 4, 2003 @ 08:11 PM

I'm curious to see Outrun in 3D. It's like Space Harrier it will change everything.

Virtua Racing could be fine too but now when I see it, I find it has bad grow old.

maybe it won't be 3D.

But there is the new Outrun 2 for Arcade/XBox

Looks like at the next price drop, I'll have to get me a PS2, since Sega irritatingly won't make anything for the GC or Xbox (both of which I wanted to purchase).

Sega does make games for the xbox... otogi is wonderful. And I don't recall shenmue 2 coming out on the gcn or ps2... and I don't remember sonic adventure 1 or 2 coming out on the ps2 or xbox.

Sega is overall pretty evenly spread over the different platforms.

With the Sega Ages titles, however, their just trying to make some quick cash by sprucing up some classic titles. While I won't be going out to buy a PS2 anytime soon, I'm glad they're doing it. If they were only released on the GC or XBox, they might not sell many copies and would probably end up canceling the series.

Hopefully the Ages series will sell well and Sega will produce a large library of games -- and maybe even port the most popular ones to other systems.

Could we start seeing more companies making remakes???

From MagicBox:

" Hudson announced they will release the Hudson Selection Series for PlayStation 2 later this year, remakes of classic Hudson game titles. The four titles include:

* November - Hudson Selection Vol. 1 Cubic Lode Runner

* November - Hudson Selection Vol. 2 Star Soldier

* December - Hudson Selection Vol. 3 PC Genjin (Bonk's Adventure)

* December - Hudson Selection Vol. 4 Adventure Island "

Now if Nintendo, Capcom, Namco, and Konami would follow :D

Back