F*!k Lik-Sang

Myname

Established Member
OK, so I ordered my pre-modded Afterburner GBA about three months ago when they said they'd be shipping in 1-2 weeks. Several ETAs came and went (updated days or weeks late saying they were further delayed). Finally now they say they're shipping some but in order to 'save time' they're not adding half of the mod (the dimmer switch). Check out the BS here.

After waiting all this time and spending £100, I did not expect to recieve half the product I paid for. If I choose to return it (if they take the return that is) I'll have to fork out at least another £20 for the shipping. That's the last of my money they'll be getting. GRR

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Bad news... I need to buy a saturn cartrigde in Lik-Sang, but a lot of people is dissapointed with them... so, now, I don´t know if I´m going to buy it or not
sad.gif

What cartridge is it? I'm sure you could get one from somewhere more reliable. You tried eBay?

I need the cartrigde wich has:

4 Mb of RAM and switch to 1 Mb of RAM.

Action Replay Pro

RAM to save games.

Code country protection off.

PC conection.

Now, I´m using only a cheap cartrigde wich only has 4 Mb of RAM. It runs fine, but I would like the other possibilities too.

I have checked all specialiced shops in Spain, and they have cartrigdes, but not with all functions
sad.gif
. So, I though Lik-Sang was my only option... I have not tried e-bay, but I would like a new cartrigde.

I´m looking for the country code Mega CD cartrigde too, but, I can´t find one, at least, at non abusive price, ( Game Players sell this cartrigdes, but they are extremely expensive ).
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

I highly recommend Lik-Sang reglardless of the GBA mod-issues. The GBA afterburner mod was supposed to be easy according to the manufacturer, but turned out to be an extremely difficult mod by all acounts, so don't blame Lik-Sang, blame portablemonopoly. I've bought several items from Lik-Sang and they all work fine.

But Lik-Sang should have given us the option of cancelling the order, or at least have given some sort of recompense for the fact that we are not getting what we payed for. Portable Monopoly may have said it was easier than it was, but Lik-Sang could have waited to check rather than selling the things blindly. The fact remains that we who ordered the thing from LIK-SANG, not from portable monopoly are not getting the product advertised, nor are we given the chance to assess this change and cancel before it's sent to us. Just because they sent you something OK doesn't mean everything they do is right.

they throw in the screwdriver.

mind you, most of the delays were cause of tritonlabs, not them. I got my afterburner fast and complete from them.

From what I'm reading it sounds like Lik-Sang started offering to sell the modded units before they really knew the time it took to complete the installation process.

It's Lik-Sang's fault if they decided to start selling a service based on someone else's product without doing it themselves a few times to confirm that it really could be done (well) in 15-20 mins
wink.gif

It sucks that you've been waiting so long, and then getting told that they are cutting corners without even offering a partial discount/refund.

After all, what you are getting is less than you paid for....
sad.gif

I keep hearing horror stories about Lik-Sang but I guess I have just ordered products they really did have in stock because everything I have ordered arrived on my door within 2 weeks exactly as stated.

use consolesource.com alot also

look all these HK joints are the same... at the end of hte day they get there stuff from all the same places and they only care about making money..

i have got stuff from lik-sang 3 times only once was verything 100%, but i have also got stuff from lan-kwei but there stuff never even got here yet... they shipped it to the wrong country.. its been nearly 2 months from the day they shipped it.. ill be lucky to see my stuff.. so that was another 150US down the shitter
sad.gif

ive ordered stuff from liksang before, the only hitch was getting one package caught by customs here and charged extra, but thats not their fault

for the distance involved (im in the uk here) i found them to be quite fast to ship as well, although they do work out expensive if you only buy one item for the shipping

Hey, its your money, so If you want to throw it away, go ahead. Its exacty like Ajnin said... All these HK stores on the internet which try to cater to english speakers only care about making money. They don't give a shit about customers or if they rip you off. They get all the left over junk they couldn't sell in real stores, jack up the price, and hope some guy buys it thinking its so cool and theres no other way he can get it otherwise. I know, because I order a bunch of crap from them thinking it was so neat and I got some HK Stuff without going to a Chinese store or whatever. But then I didn't receive anything and they keeped making up crappy excuses, like it was stopped at customs, or shippment will happen tomorow.

Several months later, I still have jack all from them! And on top of that, It turns out I could get all that crap cheaper, elsewere! A friend of mine hooked me up and we went to some Chinese gameshop and I got everything really cheap. Screw those theifs at Lik-Sang! Im so glad as hell I didn't order an afterburner pre-modded gameboy from them. I can get it cheaper at that gameshop, and they actualy do the full mod.

All these HK stores on the internet which try to cater to english speakers only care about making money. They don't give a shit about customers or if they rip you off.

Something something broad brush something something.

They get all the left over junk they couldn't sell in real stores, jack up the price, and hope some guy buys it thinking its so cool and theres no other way he can get it otherwise.

Well, considering that most people don't have Chinese friends who can "hook them up", they really don't have any other option, do they? Especially if they don't live in a city with a substantial "Chinatown"...

I know, because I order a bunch of crap from them thinking it was so neat and I got some HK Stuff without going to a Chinese store or whatever. But then I didn't receive anything and they keeped making up crappy excuses, like it was stopped at customs, or shippment will happen tomorow.

The only reason you don't see this happening with "real shops" is that it can't happen - the merchandise is either there or it's not, and it's a direct, immediate exchange. When you're dealing with a company that's trying to cater to a global customer base and ship thousands of packages around the world, bad stuff is going to happen from time to time somewhere along the line. Just about every company that has enough customers has one or two with an RMA/customer service horror story, even if their track record is generally good.

I can get it cheaper at that gameshop, and they actualy do the full mod.

Yeah, and I bet they do it in a class 1 clean room too...

Back