F-ZERO (SNES) - Game of the day - 12 August 2002

From what I can remember about this game, it was a futuristic racing game that I thought was fairly good back in the day, mainly due to the speed that was atainable in the game (an ammount that few racers in the 16 bit era ever got close to). Turns were annoying however as you had to slow down at every one or else you would slam into the walls, as the controls were not very tight. The lack of a two player mode was a major problem, but not one I realy gave much thought, as even without it the game was fun.

You all know the drill.

Turns were annoying however as you had to slow down at every one or else you would slam into the walls, as the controls were not very tight.

I never had that much problems with it, just take the corners from the right side and use the L&R buttons.

A great racer.

Funny the lack of a two player mode should be mentioned.. My housemate dug his SNES up out of his old loft and one of the games he had was F-Zero and I could've swore you could have two players on it when I played it years ago. I hate when you have really vivid memories of things that turn out to be false.

Ah well.. Cool game anyways :)

Back