FAVORITE GAMES?

sega genesis was my 2nd console that i owned. i loved it. i have a bunch of games. im curious what are people's favorite games here for genesis?

Sonic 2, Soldier of Fortune, Techno Cop, Phantasy Star IV (only played about 5 minutes of it, but I like it), Aladdin, Vectorman, Virtua Fighter 2, John Madden Football, that's all I can think of at the moment.

ugh cloud, virtua fighter 2 for genny was crap. at least it felt more like a mediocre hk-original than a quality game with sega's seal of approval

anyway, i dont want to start a flame war, so on with me:

sonic 2!!!! and aladdin (yes, aladdin)

what else...mortal kombat ii and street fighter II'

sonic 2. That's about it... oh, i think the phantasy star games were cool, but I never got to far with them. Sonic 2 was my staple.

Let's see...

Contra: Hard Corps

Castlevania Bloodlines

Gunstar Heroes

Alien Soldier (noticing a pattern yet?)

Dynamite Headdy

Phantasy Star 2-4

Beyond Oasis (The Story of Thor)

Ranger X

Super Shinobi 1/2 (Revenge of Shinobi / Shinobi 3)

Shining Force 1/2

Sonic 1-3 / Sonic & Knuckles

Herzog Zwei (and here you were thinking that Westwood and Blizzard started the RTS craze :wink:)

Golden Axe

Operation Code: Vapor Trail

Quote: from eatpenguin on 10:26 pm on Feb. 17, 2002

ugh cloud, virtua fighter 2 for genny was crap. at least it felt more like a mediocre hk-original than a quality game with sega's seal of approval

Well... if it weren't for Genny version of VF2, I wouldn't be so good at Virtua fighter as I am today. It was fun kicking ass on the Genny version, then going to the arcade to test my skills on the 3D version. When I first got it, I put my SNES aside, and played that non-stop for weeks. I don't play it as much a I used to since I now got VF2 on Sat (I've had VF2 Genny for about 7 years now, I've had VF2 Sat for about 1 1/2).

both of the sonic games where good

i liked techno Cop.

And the genny actually ahd pretty good sports games! there was like nba live and NHL live. they were pretty good.

There was this other game...####.. i forgot the name of it but im going to my dad's house today its there than i will see what it is.

Quote: from ExCyber on 2:27 am on Feb. 18, 2002

Let's see...

Contra: Hard Corps

Castlevania Bloodlines

Gunstar Heroes

Alien Soldier (noticing a pattern yet?)

Dynamite Headdy

Phantasy Star 2-4

Beyond Oasis (The Story of Thor)

Ranger X

Super Shinobi 1/2 (Revenge of Shinobi / Shinobi 3)

Shining Force 1/2

Sonic 1-3 / Sonic & Knuckles

Herzog Zwei (and here you were thinking that Westwood and Blizzard started the RTS craze :wink:)

Golden Axe

Operation Code: Vapor Trail

Wow, that's like EXACTLY what I would put down, even Vapor Trail, one of the most ignored games of all time (I love it's soundtrack). Also, I just got done playing Dynamite Headdy very shortly ago...

The Top 4

------------------

Phantasy Star II (walking back and forth, leveling up, very fun.)

Shining Force I, (seeing as it had "Role Playing Game" on the cover, I bought it... I played throughout the whole first night)

Eternal Champions (never could beat the EC up though.)

Beyond Oasis (Stereo sound in the game is pretty good.)

The other favorites

-------------------------

Greatest Heavyweights,

Sword of Vermillion

World Series Baseball

Phantasy Star IV

Curse

Streets of Rage II

Shadow Dancer, The Secret of Shinobi. (sort of sounds like Musashi has aspirations to be a broadway dancer don't it?

Honorable mention:

Sonic 3, i rented it every once in a while, beat it when i got Sonic Jam.

Phantasy Star III, had it for a little while, liked it.

thank you nadius!

STREETS OF RAGE series that was the game was talking about!

i played like SOR 3 i think.

i also have sonic 1 its good. i never got to sonice 2

I was a sucker for the NHL games made on the genesis. Even though the game play was less than perfect (a lot less) and the goalies were kinda bad, I loved having something that was like real hockey. Compared to NHL 2K2 for the DC, I can't believe how much Sega has evolved it's original game.

koftheworld

i loved to play the ps series..i even played through my japanese copy of part 1 on mega drive ...

well i like these, too:

starflight

sonic series

shing force series

shining in the darkness

golden axe series

streets of rage series

shinobi

chiki chiki boys

dynamite headdy

quackshot

herzog zwei

juju

advanced daisenryaku

and the best of all is still

WARSONG

Here's my favorites for Genesis, in no particular order:

Eternal Champions

Herzog Zwei

Vectorman

Dynamite Headdy

Mortal Kombat

Mickey Mania

Phantasy Star 4

Earthworm Jim.... still my favorite port.

the Sonics, I like 2 best

X-Men, which I thought had the coolest sound/music

Barbie Super Model.... *lol* just kidding :p

that's what comes to mind right now. Only game I bought I shouldn't have was Black Pearl's Time Killers... ugh.

As 'Megazone', an old Australian sega magazine once said:

"Landstalker is the hugest, most amazing RPG ever to be slotted into the Megadrive"

It's my favourite game of any console.

Back