Favorite Sega Franchise?

Cloud121

Established Member
This should be fun....

Tough vote for me between Golden Axe and Virtua Fighter. But, of course, Virtua Fighter gets my vote. :thumbs-up:

But Shenmue and Panzer Dragoon are tempting as well....

I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple. If so, feel free to add.

In my mind, the Shining series is really more of a Climax Entertainment / Camelot Software thing than a Sega thing. Sega may own the rights to it, but so much of the essential character of the games seems to come from Climax/Camelot (cf. Landstalker, Golden Sun et. al.) that it seems kind of unfair to credit Sega with the franchise.

Hard choice again... Sonic got it though. Remembering the first fanfics i wrote reminded me of when i received Sonic 1 with my genny on my 8th birthday, oh the love was sealed then.

It was my B-day on the farm (i grew up on a farm in Conneticut) and for my birthday i got to shovel the cow shit in the barn, clean the chicken coop (that is hell), Load up a trailor of light lumber (its just called light, i dont know why), then go home back in the house and help my brothers clean up the whole house. My dad then got home with groceries, he came in and said "Dylan go get the last of the groceries out of the trunk!" hes really scary too when he talks, but even so i still whined, "BUT daddddddd, its my birthday, why do i have to do that." then started trailing on with everything ive done that day. "NO, Dylan go get the groceries." So i did, opening the trunk and to my glory there was a SEGA GENESIS, YEY.

Golden Axe 3 is one of my favorite genesis game (in my top 5) but i think that the 1 and 2 sucks a lot compared to SOR1 and SOR2...

Youre happy now, Cloud ;) ?

Yes! I'm very happy now! :)

Both my beloved Golden Axe and VF have votes now! :thumbs-up:

Whoa! Wait a second! Did you just say Golden Axe and Golden Axe II suck compated to SOR?

Golden Axe completely OWNS SOR! Golden Axe II has the best MegaDrive soundtrack PERIOD!

Golden Axe II is the best beat 'em up ever! The only one better, is Super Double Dragon for Super Famicom.

Very difficult choice but I voted for Streets of Rage, simply because its my most played out of all the series. I've probably completed SOR2 over 50 times.

That just pipped the likes of Virtua Fighter, Sonic and Panzer Dragoon amongst others.

Golden Axe completely OWNS SOR! Golden Axe II has the best MegaDrive soundtrack PERIOD

I prefer Streets of Rage on both counts. Although the GA2 soundtrack is good, I prefer the SOR1 and 2 tracks over it.

Golden Axe II is the best beat 'em up ever! The only one better, is Super Double Dragon for Super Famicom.

No beat em up compares to the mighty Streets of Rage 2.

SOR2 just seems a bit overrated to me...

It's a GREAT game no doubt... but... hm...

Super Double Dragon > ALL!

I'm just a real Golden Axe fanatic... Heh...

Panzer Dragon. Though Phantasy Star comes a close 2nd. Damn, not many votes. I would have thought more. Hell PS has zero. Whats up with that??

Originally posted by schi0249@Jul 17, 2004 @ 08:26 PM

Panzer Dragon. Though Phantasy Star comes a close 2nd. Damn, not many votes. I would have thought more. Hell PS has zero. Whats up with that??

Had I known, I would have voted for PS. It was second after all Shining games. If he had seperated the Shining games into Force and others, I'd have voted PS.

Back