Favourite flash games?

It's not flash, it's java, but I love it so much I'm going to plug it anyway.

Slime Volleyball

In the vein of simple 80's arcade games. Scarilly addictive. Playing a few rounds of this and getting my @$$ wasted by psycho slime is enough to cheer up any day and remove all your stress.

Note: you can use the up arrow to jump. (I have a friend who could never beat the first level, and then was amazed when they found out you can jump...).

It's hard as heck at first. You'll wonder how anyone could win the first level. After you've played it about eighteen thousand times like I have, you figure out what moves to use on each of the bosses, and you start to learn how to do "special" moves, like the tip serves and skim serves and reverse skim serves. Well, considering that all you can actually do in the game is bonk a ball with your head, you'd be amazed at how difficult it can be to pull off some of these super-moves and score an ace.

Warning: Thanks to Micro$haft, this game is extremely slow on windows XP. On Windows 2K with a PIII 500, the game played flawlessly smooth. On Windows XP with a PIV 2.4, the game plays like a slug in the mud. I'm assuming it's because microshaft includes only it's special piss-slow version of the Java VM with XP to force people to think that C# web pages are that much faster than Java web pages. You may need to download the Sun version of java to get it to run decently on XP. And even then, I've had cases where M$ IE still forces applications to use the butt-slow java, even when the Sun java is selected as the default. Anyway, just a warning.

JMT.

Back