Fight Death for your life!

Have you all heard that story about death coming to kill a guy, who then challenges him to chess on the condition that, if he wins, he can live? No? Well, now you have.

I was reminded of the story today, and, being the nerd that I am, related the tale to video games. 😀

So my question is, if death came knocking on your door, and you could challenge him to one video game, what would it be? It can be any genre, any system, any whatever.

I would probably go with the fighting game I'm currently best with: Soul Calibur II, for Xbox. And I'd play as Taki. I would have gone with the original, but I haven't played that game competitively in a long time.

However, Death would probably button mash and win. 😱wned

I need to get better at fighting games that aren't beginner-friendly. 🙁

Edit: I have a feeling I know what Rolf will pick. 😛

I'd challenge Death to a speed run in Ninja Gaiden (Xbox). I have over 60 hours put into that game, and know it like the back of my hand. I can beat the game way faster than Death. But he'd probably be an ass and keep on using the Flying Swallow move, on all the enemies.

If it had to be a video game, I guess I'd pick Tic-Tac-Toe. At least that way I could play him to a draw. Or maybe something where the outcome is random, I dunno. Although I'd rather play chess - not that I'm that good, but it would just seem more fitting. I can't concentrate with video chess the way I can over a real board, though.

BTW, anyone ever seen the Bergman movie based on that story (The Seventh Seal)? Good movie.

Mal: (in a high-pitched voice) "Who is it?"

Death: "DEEAAAATTTHHHHHH...."

Mal: (still high-pitched) "Uh, Malcolm isn't here right now..."

Anyway, I'd have to challenge Death to a game of monopoly. As long as it isn't NES monopoly.

To be honest, I can not think of a single video game I would pick. I'd probably go with either checkers, chess, or monopoly. I suppose they could be a videogame/computer version.

If it had to be something else, I'd say DAoC. Then I could recruit some backup before taking him on.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Sun, 2004-12-12 @ 02:01 PM

[post=125769]Quoted post[/post]​

I was thinking more of using a silly accent, but that would do. 😀

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Sat, 2004-12-11 @ 09:01 PM

[post=125769]Quoted post[/post]​

HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Originally posted by mal@Sun, 2004-12-12 @ 07:40 PM

[post=125815]Quoted post[/post]​

You're damn right it'd do. 😛 Plus it makes for a sweet quote. 😉

OK - serious answer.

Encounter, Wizball or Fort Apocalypse on the C=64

maybe Paradroid, but sometimes you just have a bad game :/

OR

Marathon (1, 2 or Infinity) deathmatch on an '040 Mac 😀

Me, I would Challenge Death to Typing Of The Dead! LOL.

No, I would really challenge him to Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO on XBOX. It would be 3 on 3 and I would use Haohmaru, Cammy, and Akuma.

Back