Final Fantasy X-2

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Nov 2, 2003 @ 12:03 PM

You see? You even say that the games are crap after you finish playing them! Which makes me wonder - why the hell do you play the games in the first place? Sorry cloud, but there is just too much I don't understand about you :catfly

If he's anything like me he keeps playing it the hope of that the game will improve. There are a lot of games which have a dull start and get significantly better later on.

I completed FFX despite hating huge sections of the game. But I continued in the hope that it would get better. Unfortunately IMO it didn't.

Also once I get through a certain percentage of the game I think I might as well finish it since I've got so far.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Nov 2, 2003 @ 02:05 PM

My god... I really do not understand why practically everyone here hates Final Fantasy X-2, it is a great game! How many of you have really played it?

And, regarding RPGs better than the over-rated Final Fantasy VII, a good example is Grandia2.

I haven't played X-2 yet, but if any of my friends do I'll be sure to try it. I won't pass judgment until I've put some time in myself.

For the record, I very much enjoyed FFX, but I echo the sentiment that it was too easy. Likewise with FFVII, which was IMO the second best FF game I've played (just barely behind FFV).

But then again, stuff being overrated and stuff being good/bad is primarly a matter of opinion and comparison...

/EDIT: Oh, and re: Grandia 2: It's a great game, but the English seiyuu all need to be shot. NOW.

Originally posted by Tagrineth+Nov 2, 2003 @ 02:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tagrineth @ Nov 2, 2003 @ 02:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Des-ROW@Nov 2, 2003 @ 02:05 PM

My god... I really do not understand why practically everyone here hates Final Fantasy X-2, it is a great game! How many of you have really played it?

And, regarding RPGs better than the over-rated Final Fantasy VII, a good example is Grandia2.

I haven't played X-2 yet, but if any of my friends do I'll be sure to try it. I won't pass judgment until I've put some time in myself.

For the record, I very much enjoyed FFX, but I echo the sentiment that it was too easy. Likewise with FFVII, which was IMO the second best FF game I've played (just barely behind FFV).

But then again, stuff being overrated and stuff being good/bad is primarly a matter of opinion and comparison...

/EDIT: Oh, and re: Grandia 2: It's a great game, but the English seiyuu all need to be shot. NOW. [/b][/quote]

i played through the import, its not that great, fanboys will love tho

Originally posted by Cloud121@Nov 2, 2003 @ 02:51 PM

You want overrated, look at FFX. FFVII is NOT overrated. FFVIII is the least liked of the series, but I enjoy it quite a bit. FFIX has the best music of the series by far, along with a great plot and characters. FFVI is VERY overrated. FFV is great, FFIV is my second favorite FF game besides FFVII, with FFIX being a close third to FFIV. I own FF, put haven't played much of it.

Final Fantasy VII is indeed over-rated. Why? Because it was the first Final Fantasy released in CD format, had FMVs, 3D models, etc. It was the Final Fantasy game that made the series really famous in America, most people started with Final Fantasy VII, and then played the older Final Fantasy games.

Final Fantasy VII IS OVER-RATED.

People do not like Final Fantasy VIII or Final Fantasy X because they are like a "soap opera"? My god, what problem do men have with love?

Final Fantasy VII is indeed over-rated. Why? Because it was the first Final Fantasy released in CD format, had FMVs, 3D models, etc. It was the Final Fantasy game that made the series really famous in America, most people started with Final Fantasy VII, and then played the older Final Fantasy games.

How does all that make it overrated? All that jargon means is that it was the first 32-bit FF. To be overrated it would have to be nowhere near as good as reviews and people at large say it is, which IMO it most definitely is. Being overrated has nothing to do with platform or hardware... unless the hardware itself is overrated. ;)

People do not like Final Fantasy VIII or Final Fantasy X because they are like a "soap opera"? My god, what problem do men have with love?

I can't speak for men, but I had a problem with FFVIII mostly because I didn't care one tiny little bit for either of the lovers. I despised Squall, and Rinoa could've definitely used some ritalin or something... FFX's love story was cute though ^_^ And very touching, especially at the end.

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Nov 2, 2003 @ 06:23 PM

How does all that make it overrated? All that jargon means is that it was the first 32-bit FF. To be overrated it would have to be nowhere near as good as reviews and people at large say it is, which IMO it most definitely is. Being overrated has nothing to do with platform or hardware... unless the hardware itself is overrated. ;)

It being a "technical wonder" (at that time), made it an over-rated game. People were just attracted to it because it was "new and nice".

FFX's love story was cute though ^_^ And very touching, especially at the end.

I must say I agree ^^, I liked Final Fantasy X's love story very much!

I don't have a problem with the romantic aspect of it; I was speaking of the appearance of the characters.

Are you speaking of the whole Drawing aspect? Or the Junction System?

Yes, Drawing is very tedious, and can get old after awhile. But I get used to it. Junctioning on the other hand

IS THE GREATEST FEATURE EVER ADDED TO AN RPG! IT'S UTTER PURE GENIUS!!!!!!

The love story aspect in FFVIII. There seemed to be more development between Irvine and Selphie, than Squall and Rinoa. Then again, I haven't played the game through in years. As for the romantic bit in FFX. I just seemd to come out of nowhere. Tidus kisses Yuna, then she's like "I Love You Tidus!" for the rest of the game. It really bothered me. Tidus is funny as hell, as well as a badass, but that really... eh.. I dunno... just got to me. I'm not saying FFX is a bad game. It's just that compared to other RPGs I've played, it's not all THAT great. Also, FFX-2 is gonna suck. I was saying that even when I was an FF Fanboy.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Nov 2, 2003 @ 08:46 PM

Personally, love isn't a problem... i never played viii or x, but i did watch my friend play viii when i had nothing better to do. It seemed to me that squall was just too depressed to care about anything, and i don't care about his internal conflict... i guess it would've been more interesting (to me) if instead of conveying his disposition by displaying his thoughts, they had done it with more action, character behavior and cinematic sequences that really captured the mood.

Edit: OMG Did i just ask for more love FMV? Please disregard this post.

Originally posted by Nadius@Nov 3, 2003 @ 12:45 AM

Edit: OMG Did i just ask for more love FMV? Please disregard this post.

Hehe..if I'm not mistaken, there is about 8 or 9 minutes of dancing/ waltzing at the beginning FMV for one of the Final Fantasy's.

I didn't mind the story in FFX I just hated the linear style of the game giving very little freedom. I also hated the fact that most random battles were against variations of the same 4 or 5 creatures which got very boring.

Basically the long uninteresting roads which linked areas in the game wreaked the game for me.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Nov 3, 2003 @ 12:12 AM

Are you speaking of the whole Drawing aspect? Or the Junction System?

Yes, Drawing is very tedious, and can get old after awhile. But I get used to it. Junctioning on the other hand

IS THE GREATEST FEATURE EVER ADDED TO AN RPG! IT'S UTTER PURE GENIUS!!!!!!

You've gotta be kidding me.

Junction system, in a nutshell:

If you use me, you will be far too powerful and all enemies will bow before your might.

If you do not use me, you will have one command during battle and have zero chance of defeating any remotely powerful enemies.

Seriously.

And over-charging stats is FAR too easy with Junction. "HMM WHICH OF MY SPELLS RAISES THIS STAT THE MOST? *look through list* AH, THAT ONE. NEXT STAT!"

Heh... Well I for one think the Junction System is cool as hell. It's by far the coolest thing I've ever seen in an RPG.

Now, the best battle system that I've ever played is Xenogears. That is one hell of a system.

Xenogears is, by far, the single most overrated RPG EVER! I fall asleep playing that game. :sleep:

I'm with you on the Junction system Cloud. I loved it but my FF fanboy mate always put it on auto :angry:

Also, the victory music is not the traditional FF one.

Noooooooooooooooooooo.... It's what bound the games together! (well, the ones I've played that is) I love it... hell, it's my cell phone's ringtone :p

Heh... Well I for one think the Junction System is cool as hell. It's by far the coolest thing I've ever seen in an RPG.

I'll grant that it's a neat concept, but it's too horrifyingly broken and leads to the single most horrific plot device EVER. (the GF's reside in our memories! That's why we don't remember that all of us, despite being totally unrelated in any way, grew up together, and under the care of our opponent, no less!)

Now, the best battle system that I've ever played is Xenogears. That is one hell of a system.

It's nifty, but too repetitive.

IMO the best battle system in an RPG is a tie between Panzer Dragoon Saga and Grandia II's implementation of IP... with FFX's more tactical variation of ATB close behind.

Xenogears is, by far, the single most overrated RPG EVER! I fall asleep playing that game. :sleep:

Yeah, some parts were insanely boring (SOLARIS) but that game has one of the best storylines I've ever seen in a game.

Um.. did you just spoil some of Xenogear's plot? I DO plan on playing through that game one day. The farthest I've gotten is Operation Aveh on the first disc. And I've started over from the beginning so many times hoping to play through it, only to be stopped by it's boring, and pointless conversations (PERFECT Example: Fei talking to Elly in the forest at the beginning. They talk for about 20 minutes. No advancing of the plot. Nothing. :sleep: ).

Originally posted by Cloud121@Nov 4, 2003 @ 09:43 PM

Um.. did you just spoil some of Xenogear's plot? I DO plan on playing through that game one day. The farthest I've gotten is Operation Aveh on the first disc. And I've started over from the beginning so many times hoping to play through it, only to be stopped by it's boring, and pointless conversations (PERFECT Example: Fei talking to Elly in the forest at the beginning. They talk for about 20 minutes. No advancing of the plot. Nothing. :sleep: ).

No, I didn't spoil any plot. If you hadn't already figured out that you're going to go to Solaris at some point, you need to be slapped.

Back