Final Fight sega cd jap vers.

I finnaly found the jap vers of final fight cd and i am wondering if it is possible to get it converted to work on a us sega cd system?
unsure.gif

I gave it a try with scd conv and it freezes at the sega loading screen, i've only done it with the iso+mp3 format since i have not burned it yet. Is there another possible way to convert to american to get it to work? Since the carts that allowed you to play imports on your sega cd were compatible with final fight, im guessing its very possible to convert the image to american format, if anyone could please help me i would really apreciate it.

If SCDconv is anything like SatConv, I don't see why converting your ISO shouldn't work. I would think it's possible that your emulator is the cause of the game freezing. You might try just going ahead, burning the converted game and seeing how your real console handles it... or maybe the ISO itself is actually bad...

SCDconv doesn't work as well as Satconv because of the way Sega CD games are made.

From readme_scdconv.txt

NEW in version 2.50: The program is now able to detect whether it is necessary to relocate the initial and system programs or not. This improves success rates greatly, especially for European -> American conversions. Most Japanese -> American and Japanese -> European conversions are not affected, unfortunately.

The reason for the different success rates lies in the special design of the Sega CD games' boot blocks. Unfortunately, Sega decided to mix security code and actual game code in the first few sectors, which makes it very difficult (in most cases) to relocate the game code in order to gain space for the lengthy American and European security codes. If a game doesn't use relocatable code (as it is theoretically a Sega programming standard), the conversion might fail.

It's amazing what a readme will tell you.

well despite using gens and having it freeze on it, i tried the burn, it did the same thing on my actual sega cd, i know the iso is fine as it plays fine in gens in jap mode, i looked at the value change and it was kinda high, so does anyone have any other soloutions to this, if not how much is the pro cdx cart and does is work on us gen/sega cd systems?

I'll make it a point to refrain from answering tech questions in fields I have no clue about in the future.
tongue.gif

I'll believe that when I see it Taelon.
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Chris, I think the best solution would be to see if Arakon is still doing his multibios for Sega CD as I believe there are some games that won't work even with a cart. It is a tricky proceedure, but it may be worth considering.

Back