Finally got it

Originally posted by cww80@July 01 2002,15:53

man...i cant wait for, Tekken 4(inferior to VF4 but still good)Shinobi, Devil May Cry 2, and finally Xenosaga(have to wait till march 2003 for that one)

:beerchug

Tekken is horrid

Devil may Cry was crap for us PAL users (Horrid conversion
sad.gif
)

Shinobi will score highly
biggrin.gif

Tekken is fine...its no Virtua Fighter or Street Fighter,but still good...So how bad did Devil May Cry turn out?

tekken tag is poor very poor, the controls and gameplay just dont live up to the graphics, soul calibur is the best fighting game available and if you cant see that you blind, soul calibur 2 will be even better, as for devil may cry am gonna continue to defend it, its plays just the same and better as other country releases's as i have played the jap version and they are identical in almost everyway.

i wasnt talking about Tekken Tag...i was talking about Tekken 4...for a while Soul Calibur was the best 3d Fighter.That is until Virtua Fighter 4 came out...

Originally posted by ExCyber@July 03 2002,10:45

So, is there a link that has, what you feel are the commonly accepted correct figures?

I couldn't find any links mentioning how many polys current Xbox games are pushing. As for theoretical maximums (I think I saw a claim of 50 million with full effects for GC somewhere, but it doesn't seem to be common knowledge), I generally consider them to be fairly useless because they consider components in isolation rather than as a part of the system - without the system architecture to support it, every graphics chip will output an identical number of polygons per second. A second blow to the significance of theoretical maximums is that the method for calculating them isn't usually revealed, so they could be using math that is incorrect or inconsistent with any kind of real application, and nobody can really call them on it because they don't know what the assumed conditions are, especially when the numbers keep changing (The original Xbox claim was 300 million polygons per second - NVidia doesn't claim anywhere near this many vertices per second for even an NV25 with fast dedicated memory; later it was revised to 250 million; then "more than 200 million"; then 150 million; then 125 million). I'd rather listen to what developers say about the system's potential. In any case, I'm not saying that GC is going to walk all over Xbox, just that Xbox isn't going to walk all over GC. Xbox certainly has a lot of potential, which is one of the main reasons I'm interested in homebrew stuff for it regardless of whether or not it gets good commercial support.

It does seem to have the most exiting homebrew/emu possibilities, at least from what I've seen on the net. I really haven't seen much on the GC yet although there is a healthy PS2 homebrew community developing utilities and emus. But I really like what is happening with the xbox in this area. I have become an avid reader of a couple of sites, one of which I see some of the more knowledgable members from here on.

wink.gif

For those reasons and what I've seen in some of the games I've played, it has become my next console of choice. Although as someone who collects, I know I will eventually buy them all. I guess I need to breakdown and do as I promised myself a long time ago and learn C++ and the needed platforms, and something of game programing. I would eventually like to be able to contribute something other than sarcasm, someday, to those forums, which are on a more technical level. Plus it would help me understand some of what I read. If you have any suggestion along those lines, feel free to share them.

Yeah, this is why I'm getting my XBox chipped
smile.gif

Full-screen DiVX, MAME (Better than DCs MAME ports), N64 emulation and a lot more to come.... only problem we got is M$s bully-boy tactics.....

how would ms be shafting you if they made games that weren't copieable so that ms could make money and the box doesn't die??? i mean they prolly won't charge more for games prolly the opposite will happen since they won't have to worry about pirates ripping them off.

Originally posted by gamefoo21@July 06 2002,09:14

how would ms be shafting you if they made games that weren't copieable so that ms could make money and the box doesn't die??? i mean they prolly won't charge more for games prolly the opposite will happen since they won't have to worry about pirates ripping them off.

I hope they do make the games copy-proof somehow..... just I want this hombrew dev scene as well, probably can't get both though
sad.gif

Originally posted by Supergrom@July 07 2002,05:11

what about the prospects of MS making future games incompatible with modded box's? ive heard about this, and i am seriously considering getting a modded xbox, but i dont want to get shafted by microsoft later on either. and since i have no means of making the homebrew chip, which one would be the best to buy, were i to purchase one?

gamefoo21, Supergrom is talking about future games that won't run on modded consoles, not games that can't be copied.

There are several sights on the web that explain how to add a mod board that has a switch in order to boot from either original bios or mod bios.

Back