First PS3 game announced....by Climax?

is this the same climax that made sega games (i.e. Landers?). i thought they were a japanese team, unless Brighton is non english (which it sounds). im horrible at geography :D

(12:35PM)- Brighton-based developers Climax have become the first company to officially confirm that they're currently working on a game for Sony's next-generation hardware, currently being labelled as the Playstation 3. Codenamed Avalon, the game is also planned for release on Microsoft's next-gen hardware.

Avalon is said to be a vehicle-based combat sim, and will apparently include not only land, but sea and air vehicles as well. Should be amazing.

Admittedly however, not much else is known, other than we can expect some truly groundbreaking visuals, sound and gameplay, all suggested prerequisites of a next-generation console title it seems.

Climax have also gone on record stating that the game is currently without a publisher, but is already at an advanced stage of development with a fully playable online prototype housed at the Brighton office.

Excellent news indeed. Perhaps E3 2004 is about to get a bit more interesting...

courtesy of psxnation

According to VGRebirth, there are (were) THREE game developers with "Climax" ar their names.

- The UK Climax (Moto GP, and that new XBOX RPG, Sudeki)

- Climax Entertainment (Landstalker, Dark Savior, Timestalkers/Climax Landers)

- Climax Graphics (switched name to "Crazy Games". They made Blue Stinger and Illbleed)

Originally posted by Dyne@Dec 26, 2003 @ 01:25 PM

Avalon is said to be a vehicle-based combat sim, and will apparently include not only land, but sea and air vehicles as well. Should be amazing.

Haha, i love the extremely vague description of the game, but it "should be amazing."

Originally posted by M3d10n@Dec 27, 2003 @ 05:19 AM

According to VGRebirth, there are (were) THREE game developers with "Climax" ar their names.

- The UK Climax (Moto GP, and that new XBOX RPG, Sudeki)

- Climax Entertainment (Landstalker, Dark Savior, Timestalkers/Climax Landers)

- Climax Graphics (switched name to "Crazy Games". They made Blue Stinger and Illbleed)

Yep.

The UK Climax is totally different than the Japanese Climax

Back