FLOUPIX ! The funniest homebrew Saturn game !

This is a breakthrough in homemade Saturn games ! After 1 year of developing and testing, FLOUPIX is here ! Vreuzon from the The Sega Saturn Multiplayer Task Force made an awesome game (PAL-50Hz version only at the moment but an NTSC-60Hz release is on the way).

This game is sort of a (very) extended Slime Volleyball. BUT : instead of just jumping and pushing the ball, you can :

- Play up to twelve players in teams

- Play with 1 net and 2 teams or 2 nets and 3 teams (scoring in 3teams-mode is original and interesting)

- Fly high and go in the opponent's field

- Use bonuses to change the direction of the ball, hide it, have two balls...

- Nice sprites, background and homemade music.

Many things can be configured in the option menu : game length, bonus frenquency and types, control type... there are also some nice "hidden features".

What more can I say ? Those who like DeathTank, Bomberman and other party games will become Floupix addicted. Now you stop reading, you download Floupix, burn it, turn on your Saturn and play !

Oh yeah, last but not least : this game is open source, so you're all invited to modify and improve FLOUPIX or reuse routines in your own games.

This game sounds awesome and with 12 player support :eek: I love it already...

Thanks for the good news Djidjo, I can't wait until the NTSC version comes out :)

I'm downloading it right now, can't wait!!

P.S. - Thanks for adding my Snake clone to your site. Only thing, you added the old version. Version 2.01 is much better, replace the zip from the one in this thread.

slinga : your snake is now up to date.

I'll try to release a NTSC - 60 Hz floupix ping pong patch until the end of the week.

Anyone got screenshots? I'm afraid I cant play the game (swapping kills and I sold my modchips) but it would be interesting to see :)

I finally had some time to play it today, great job man. :cheers

::hands over trophy for best Saturn 12 player homebrew game::

And looks like you won the 2004 Saturn Dev Contest as well :p

Look what works in Saturnin ... :D

040921-floupix-1.JPG
040921-floupix-2.JPG

Anyway, great job !

Back