For all Warsong / Langrisser fans

Do you remember this awesome srpg for Sega Genesis?

Well, the pc version has just been translated. You can get it from the official translation forum here

Enjoy it. ;)

Wow, thanks a bunch for the news. I have been a langrisser fan ever since the genesis game came out.

Just a note: It will ask you for the CD if you don't have it on your first CD-ROM drive, physical or virtual.

Hint: It will load/run much faster if you mount it (e.g., with Daemon Tools) as the first letter for your CD-ROM drive(s). :D

Originally posted by Supergrom+Aug 31, 2003 @ 11:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supergrom @ Aug 31, 2003 @ 11:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>so is this a remake kinda like what was done with the Ys games? (I can only assume they did something to the game that made it a whopping 560 mb).[/b]

The image itself is 75:41:68 long, but the data track alone is just 187 MB (i.e., 21:16:54), of which 147 MB are FMV files. The rest are just 24 CDDA tracks. As for your question:

<!--QuoteBegin-manual.pdf
@Aug 29, 2003 @ 4:35 AM

Why isn’t the script the same as what I remember in Warsong?

While Warsong was an excellent translation of Langrisser, Langrisser I PC was not based on the Genesis game’s script. The Genesis game was recreated as Langrisser: Descendants of Light on the PC-Engine and this was further edited into Langrisser Dramatic Edition, which was the source of this game. There are many small script changes between the two most of which are simply different wordings or attempts to add more flair to the game.
[/quote]

Well, if any of you is suffering problems with the CDrom drive and the game -fuck original programmers- there is apatch on the very same board of the release announcement. That is, here.

Enjoy the game.

Back