freakin bastards

Status
Not open for further replies.

stack99

Established Member
OK. guys, time to let Billy boy know what you think of him, and his monopoly, do you like windows, do you hate interet explorer is netscape what you crave, would you rather use linux than windows anyday, Feel free to let the truth be known.!

I think my opinion of them is stated on todays news
biggrin.gif

I've liked windows since version 3.1... I never really liked ME but 95,98,2000 all were fine in my opinion, and even XP. At first I didn't like it that much but now after setteling down with it I find it quite nice. Same thing with internet explorer. And as far as Macs go i've used them before I ever got a PC and have continued to use them at school, I hate them. Linux I installed once on a older computer and it seemed alright but because of the age of the computer I couldn't reall get a good grasp on the Linux experience so I can't really comment on that. You have to admit "Billy Boy" has done something right in a big way, and when it comes down to it chances are your are using something every day that came from his company. Maybe he does have a monopoly on many markets, but I bet you'd be happy if you were him, or at least getting a chunk of his pay check
biggrin.gif

i think microsoft faked the moon landing. better delete this post
angry.gif
once again general discussion at sega xtreme express's its freedom to talk about anything.

The problem is a simple one: The main SegaXtreme site is www.litespeedcomputers.com, the sidebar link for the messageboard takes you to http://litespeedcomputers.com/sx/cgi/ib3/ikonboard.cgi which from IE's point of view could be a completely different site. If you open the messageboard in a separate window everything works fine, as IE now believes everything is on the same site. It might be worth trying to change the sidebar link to http://www.litespeedcomputers.com/sx/cgi/ib3/ikonboard.cgi.

IE's ability to deny cookies from third-party sites is a good thing, as it helps block some ad cookies.

I don't think the fix on the front page is the best one to be honest.. I went to Internet Options, Privacy, then clicked 'edit' on the override cookie handling for individual websites. Typed in www.litespeedcomputers.com, clicked allow and that was it. That way you can keep your cookie settings for everything else but always allow SX cookies.

Originally posted by JohnD@Aug. 11 2002, 12:34 pm

angry.gif
once again general discussion at sega xtreme express's its freedom to talk about anything.

In reference to the quote: Stupidity isn't tolerated. And let's pretend the moon landing was faked. So what? How does that affect your life in any way, shape or form?

People get excited about the dumbest things.

Which is a nice segue into MS - Personally, the only MS product(s) I didn't/don't like is Win98SE and WinME. The former because it's much slower than OSR1 (and seemingly a lot buggier, but that's just me) and ME because it's frivolous (and fairly unstable, although there are those who will vehemently defend it isn't :
wink.gif
: )

Linux is nice (I use Mandrake). I really don't mind Macs - the secret is to NOT use them for anything important.

In sum, I have no issues with Microsoft. Yeah, a lot of things are annoying, but you can't custom tailor an OS for every single person, that's why you can change options.

Originally posted by MTXBlau+Aug. 12 2002, 10:01 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MTXBlau @ Aug. 12 2002, 10:01 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-JohnD@Aug. 11 2002, 12:34 pm

angry.gif

In reference to the quote: Stupidity isn't tolerated. And let's pretend the moon landing was faked. So what? How does that affect your life in any way, shape or form?

People get excited about the dumbest things.

Which is a nice segue into MS - Personally, the only MS product(s) I didn't/don't like is Win98SE and WinME. The former because it's much slower than OSR1 (and seemingly a lot buggier, but that's just me) and ME because it's frivolous (and fairly unstable, although there are those who will vehemently defend it isn't :
wink.gif
: )

Linux is nice (I use Mandrake). I really don't mind Macs - the secret is to NOT use them for anything important.

In sum, I have no issues with Microsoft. Yeah, a lot of things are annoying, but you can't custom tailor an OS for every single person, that's why you can change options.[/b][/quote]

well why are you tolerated then. exactly
angry.gif

If you don't like Microsoft, learn to use a popular release of Linux, or maybe BE, or perhaps some other viable OS. Threads like this are just spawning pits for idiocy.

While I don't really like the way Microsoft do business, I've got no real problems with their products.

Running a P166 with Windows 98 and IE 5.5 is remarkably stable.
smile.gif

I used to run Netscape, but it crashed too often. ???

Originally posted by Raijin Z@Aug. 12 2002, 10:10 am

If you don't like Microsoft, learn to use a popular release of Linux, or maybe BE, or perhaps some other viable OS. Threads like this are just spawning pits for idiocy.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???

This topic has been covered in too many threads. Why not argue for why the XBox is better or worse than PS2 instead?

My email machine is Redhat 7.3 based. Reason for that is people keep on sending me viruses through my segaxtreme account and the windows viruses dont work on linux
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by MTXBlau+Aug. 12 2002, 11:21 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MTXBlau @ Aug. 12 2002, 11:21 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-JohnD@Aug. 11 2002, 2:07 pm

angry.gif

Awww, poor baby.
biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

are you gonne squirt some MTXBlau
cry.gif
you seem really tense and annoyed
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by JohnD+Aug. 11 2002, 3:42 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JohnD @ Aug. 11 2002, 3:42 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by MTXBlau@Aug. 12 2002, 11:21 am

<!--QuoteBegin-JohnD
@Aug. 11 2002, 2:07 pm

angry.gif

Awww, poor baby.
biggrin.gif

are you gonne squirt some MTXBlau
cry.gif
you seem really tense and annoyed
biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]