Funny kid anecdotes

dibz

Boss
Staff member
So a lot of us seem to have grown up and have our own families now, anyone have any funny anecdotes to share? Preferably video game related, but I doubt anyone cares too much.

I'll start, my 8 year old daughter loves playing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom with me, and we hadn't played it in some time. We were looking for a game to play yesterday, and from memory, she asks me "Can we play Taco vs. Capcom?"

Not game related but my niece and nephew saw some documentary on Elvis and are thought Elvis was me (guess I look like young Elvis?). They still think this going on a solid month or more now haha.

Pearl Jammzz said:
Not game related but my niece and nephew saw some documentary on Elvis and are thought Elvis was me (guess I look like young Elvis?). They still think this going on a solid month or more now haha.

Hah, that's pretty good. Kids usually think I'm related to Santa Claus (must have something to do with the large beard).

Jedi Master Thrash said:
A kid called me an adult and I about smacked him.

Hah, yeah. I go both ways on stuff like this. On one hand, it's strange that all the "kids" working retail more-often-then-not call me sir, along with the other adults no longer looking at me like I might steal something. It is however nice not being automatically treated like crap, though. On the other hand, getting called sir always brings a moment of sadness to me.

Back