Game Franchise Speculation

racketboy

Established Member
Ok, I'm gonna list some popular Sega (or Sega-related) titles/franchises, and I would like to see everyone vote whether they think an updated sequal will be released and on what system.

Here we go...

Nights Into Dreams

Shining Force

Vectorman

Comix Zone

Gunstar Heroes

Burning Rangers

Samba De Amigo

Chu Chu Rocket

Afterburner

any others?

Here's my votes:

Nights Into Dreams - yes, Gamecube

Shining Force - yes, Gamecube

Vectorman - yes, Playstation 2

Comix Zone - no

Gunstar Heroes - yes, Playstation 2

Burning Rangers - no

Samba De Amigo - yes, Playstation 2

Chu Chu Rocket - maybe Gamecube

Afterburner - no

i dont think any of these will be made but if i had to guess

then shining force on GBA and if they made an afturburner id hope it gets released on the xbox other than that none of them well if they actually made nights then it would probably go to GC unfortunately

I would give 500 dollars for a copy of a new NiGHTS: into Dreams for Gamecube !! Omg you guys picture that! It would be incredible! Think about the graphics it could utilize. YuMmie!
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Jaded God@Nov. 21 2002, 2:53 pm

I would give 500 dollars for a copy of a new NiGHTS: into Dreams for Gamecube !! Omg you guys picture that! It would be incredible! Think about the graphics it could utilize. YuMmie!
tongue.gif

I'll remember that when (if) it comes out.

I'll even ship it to you Priority Mail once I get the $500
smile.gif

I'd love to see a sequel to Nights, and i honestly do think that if it's as addictive as the original and suffuciently promoted, it could be one of the best selling games of all time.

Of the others you listed, racketboy, i can only see Burning Rangers getting a seqeal of sorts, as a coin op.

edit: from the department of redundancy department.

A few other games....

Phantasy star

Panza dragoon (well, we ALL know this one will have a sequel)

Sonic

Streets of rage (well....it was very famous back in the genisis era....)

Lunar

Virtual fighter (this one just had a sequel not long ago)

And....

ZEROWING!!!!

J/K......
tongue.gif

Can't think of any more at the moment.

Originally posted by Cloudkill@Nov. 22 2002, 3:21 am

A few other games....

Phantasy star

Panza dragoon (well, we ALL know this one will have a sequel)

Sonic

Streets of rage (well....it was very famous back in the genisis era....)

Lunar

Virtual fighter (this one just had a sequel not long ago)

And....

ZEROWING!!!!

J/K......
tongue.gif

Can't think of any more at the moment.

well I was trying not to list games that already have current sequals

I don't know if this thread was supposed to be about sequels on non-Dreamcast systems, but Samba De Amigo did get a sequel on the DC already, at least in Japan. It's called Samba De Amigo ver. 2001, although I've seen it go around as "Samba De Amigo 2000" as well (not sure what's up with that)... All I know is SDA 2000 has a hustle mode that's reportedly a blast to play.

As for NiGHTS, yeah, I think that's one chance for a sequel that Sega really really missed. AT LEAST a remake of the original with better graphics would be a blast already.
smile.gif

I mean, heck, they did make Christmas NiGHTS...that almost counts as a sequel...well, OK, not really.

Originally posted by Nadius@Nov. 22 2002, 3:16 am

I'd love to see a sequel to Nights, and i honestly do think that if it's as addictive as the original and suffuciently promoted, it could be one of the best selling games of all time.

Of the others you listed, racketboy, i can only see Burning Rangers getting a seqeal of sorts, as a coin op.

edit: from the department of redundancy department.

yeah Burning Rangers would make a awesome coin-op.

Sega rocks (more than usual) when it comes to the arcades.

I'd like to see Nights on the Xbox, solely because of how PDO looks on it. I'd say no to it being on the PS2, simply because (it seems) that large worlds can't be properly done.

All things considered though, it'd fit right in with GCN games. Which is why I WOULDN'T want it to be on the Cube, simply because it'd be passed on as 'another kiddie game'. For Nights to do well, it has to be perceived as a fun game that transcends age. The Cube has a very tragic stereotype that keeps people away from games like Pikmin.

I read of rumours that SOR 4 would be on the Xbox. But again, just rumours. I really wish that Sega didn't make that stupid RE clone, Zombie Revenge for the DC. The game could have been so incredibly amazing, if they dropped the RE theme and stuck with the classic SOR and added some of the music the franchise is famous for (a remixed SOR2 - level 1 track would have been awesome). What I'd like to see is Adam, Axel, Skate, Max, Blaze (Dr. Zan was a stupid idea) in a four player brawler.

Afterburner is definetly a made for PC game. People nowadays don't seem to be interested in console flight sims.

Burning Rangers, well that game is cool, and would be an excellent title for the GC, only if they fix that stupid nav system. Same goes for Shining Force, although I'd like it to be multiplatform, just so it can some thunder away from the FF series.
biggrin.gif
I see Gunstar/Guardian Heroes on the GC or Xbox, not the PS2, mostly the GC. I have no thoughts on Vectorman or Comix Zone, although Comix Zone had a really good idea going.

The PS2, at least to me, is the antithesis of Sega, just in terms of the type of games and the kind of people that play the PS2, so it's hard to imagine people enjoying games like Sonic on it. But again, it's just me.

Back