GameCrazy stores anger me!

Shitface

Established Member
Well, a local gamecrazy store here sells used saturn games. But the douche people there just throw the cases away!! That sucks! Its just the manual and the game. Only one guy i talked to that works there saves the cases. He was telling me he just bought a saturn and likes it. So thats good. But i can't beleive they throw their saturn cases away.

Well, thats it for my rant. PEACE

That is super annoying. But, sadly, a lot of Gamestops and the like are doing that too, only with Genesis, SNES, and NES games. It's all about maximizing available shelf space.

Actually, speaking of ranting about lame video game stores, here's a telephone conversation I recently had:

(voice of 13-year old girl) "Hello, Gamestop Colorado Headquarters Madden 2004, can I take your order?"

(me) "Uhh... Excuse me? Is this actually a store, or...?"

"Yeah... all the stores are just ordering their copies of Madden, so... but yeah, we're a regular store."

(me, slightly disgusted) "Okay... I was wondering, do you still carry Super Nintendo games?"

"What? Say that again?"

"SU....PER NIN...TEN..DO.. do you carry the games for it?"

(her, sounding like a lightbulb has gone off) "Ohhh... Super Intendo! Let me check..."

(20 seconds pass) ... (comes back)

"No, sorry sir.. we don't have Super Intendo... we do carry Intendo 64 though!"

(me.. weary, horrified) "Uhhh... thanks...okay.. bye."

Before this incident, I never would have thought it possible to work at a video game store and NOT KNOW THE F**KING WORD NINTENDO. Now, however, I know better. These are sad times indeed, my friends.

Originally posted by it290@Aug 13, 2004 @ 12:44 AM

I never would have thought it possible to work at a video game store and NOT KNOW THE F**KING WORD NINTENDO

LMFAO

sad but comedy.

i think i've told my story before but just in case i'll share it again.

it occured at my local "GameTraders" which as u can guess is a primarily second hand games store.

a woman was at the counter with her son buying some megadrive games. she noticed the clerk put a strange cartridge into the case (it was an EA sports cart). upon questioning about the cart she was told that it was a "genesis" cart and that all american carts look like that. the clerk then proceeded to show her the bottom of the cart and told her it will still fit into the megadrive.

Originally posted by it290@Aug 12, 2004 @ 08:14 AM

That is super annoying. But, sadly, a lot of Gamestops and the like are doing that too, only with Genesis, SNES, and NES games. It's all about maximizing available shelf space.

Actually, speaking of ranting about lame video game stores, here's a telephone conversation I recently had:

(voice of 13-year old girl) "Hello, Gamestop Colorado Headquarters Madden 2004, can I take your order?"

(me) "Uhh... Excuse me? Is this actually a store, or...?"

"Yeah... all the stores are just ordering their copies of Madden, so... but yeah, we're a regular store."

(me, slightly disgusted) "Okay... I was wondering, do you still carry Super Nintendo games?"

"What? Say that again?"

"SU....PER NIN...TEN..DO.. do you carry the games for it?"

(her, sounding like a lightbulb has gone off) "Ohhh... Super Intendo! Let me check..."

(20 seconds pass) ... (comes back)

"No, sorry sir.. we don't have Super Intendo... we do carry Intendo 64 though!"

(me.. weary, horrified) "Uhhh... thanks...okay.. bye."

Before this incident, I never would have thought it possible to work at a video game store and NOT KNOW THE F**KING WORD NINTENDO. Now, however, I know better. These are sad times indeed, my friends.

:lol: Oh, My Game Crazy has has games for all the nintendo systems(not VB). The one I go to a lot has 2 Super gameboys for $15(each SGB is $15). I got Shenmue for $5 at the other Game Crazy! I have 2 Game Crazys in my city and one is accross the street from Gamestop!

Back