Gamefaqs spring contest

Supergrom

Ban Hammered
Game FAQs is having a "Best game ever" poll tourney, much like their character ones. I just made up my entry, but it was almost painful picking some games that i know are inferior to their competitors, but i had to do it because its just a popularity contest and i know certain games simply wont get votes. Anyway, yeah, go make your picks, because you could win some free games from EB :)

Yeah. After the results of the character contest, I have little interest in this one. Look at the results of the current poll, 27% of the votes are for the Ninja Gaiden series. It's a good series, but it sure as hell isn't 3x as good as Shinobi. I'm willing to bet that half of the people voting for Ninja Gaiden never played the Nintendo or arcade games.

Also, I read somewhere on there that Gunstar Heroes is going to be pitted against Zelda:LTTP in the best game contest. Sheesh, now that's an unfair contest if I've ever heard of one.

people are playing ninja gaiden on the xbox and "its in their head". IMHO. the shinobi series was way better. But not on the calibur of the sonics marios, and phantasy star and final fantasy. :cheers

If they were interested in being fair it would be something like Contra 3 vs. Zelda:LttP instead. Zelda should win against GH and probably would, but for the wrong reasons.

Originally posted by stack99@Mar 4, 2004 @ 01:22 AM

people are playing ninja gaiden on the xbox and "its in their head". IMHO. the shinobi series was way better. But not on the calibur of the sonics marios, and phantasy star and final fantasy. :cheers

That and most GameFaqers have probably only seen the PS2 Shinobi.

Well I voted for the ninja turtles because as cool as shinboi is, ninja turtles are what I was raised on

Originally posted by racketboy@Mar 3, 2004 @ 07:03 PM

All the FINAL FANTASY gamez, dude!!!!

I think you mean:

AL TEH FINAL FANTASY GMEZ DUDE!!1111!11!1111!!11!!11!1!!11!1! OMG WTF

Originally posted by Zero 9+Mar 4, 2004 @ 02:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero 9 @ Mar 4, 2004 @ 02:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Mar 3, 2004 @ 07:03 PM

All the FINAL FANTASY gamez, dude!!!!

I think you mean:

AL TEH FINAL FANTASY GMEZ DUDE!!1111!11!1111!!11!!11!1!!11!1! OMG WTF [/b][/quote]

sorry -- I'm not quite l33t enough

It would probably be fairer to pick best of a game type, such as rpg, fps, fighting, ECT.

You only need to look at sales figures to see what is popular. But what is best of class....that's a different animal.

Back