GameGizmo Gone!

Jaded God

Established Member
I don't know if you have seen this yet but look at this...

http://www.gamegizmo.com

It's all over for them
sad.gif

Hmm I am wondering why they said certain "Events" I am thinking law suits or threats from companies...

I really liked that site, one of the places that still carried Saturn Mods
sad.gif

America - land of the free.

It's disgusting, things like this happening. It makes me wanna move back to Germany where I came from, and forget about becoming a US citizen. *sigh*

Maybe they went down because of cc fraud? Thats the reason why I stopped selling things online and just pc stuff locally now all because of cc fraud and loosing a ton of money because of it.
sad.gif

Boo hoo, our GameGizmo shut down!... Yeesh! All it took was a minute of searching to find other places which sells similar stuff (SS MODs, ect). And most of these stores sell better, cheaper stuff which actually comes closer to street value, and not crappy "English rip off" prices. Heck, here is one:

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/cnsto...re/PRODUCTS.HTM

I mean who would pay $99 bucks for a UFO when its so so old already. Most stores with old stock sell them at half that price (Just like that one). At least they have more common sence.

Credit cards? Don' they take PayPal? Well anyways, it looks a hell of a lot better than some sites which Ebay users have for their stuff. Not to mention the people on forums who have even less to show. And thats just from spending like a minute searching. Im sure if I really cared, I could find others. But yeesh. Some of that stuff is so old.

GameGizmo's site was not a "crappy ebay users site" and had a nice interface...

Some products were a tad bit overpriced.. But where are you going to find a UFO other than Ebay?

They had 256 flash cards for gba one of the only stores around that had them..

I am not just talking about Saturn mods.

gamegizmo had had a great selection and decent service

if you gave them your money you'd eventually get something in the mail from them

a fairly rare thing for a site that sells gray-area (legally) products

my saturn and many of yours are better for them having been there

they will be missed

now where the fuck do i get an x-box modchip from?

Its a shame realy, GameGizmo realy did have a nice selection, and the prices were quite decent. Before they went out of buisness I did their "buy two get one free" deal for Saturn mod chips. I can't think of any other grey-market store that would do a deal like that.

Originally posted by Taelon@Apr 23, 2003 @ 07:07 PM

America - land of the free.

It's disgusting, things like this happening. It makes me wanna move back to Germany where I came from, and forget about becoming a US citizen. *sigh*

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Isn't Germany where the Utopia guys cracked the dreamcast? I heard action was swift and harsh...

I guess if you put your names on something not quite legal you deserve it
laugh.gif

As for America not being the land of the free, its more true than ever right now - celebrities speaking against the war were told to shut up - Dixie Chicks got death threats (not because of their bad music though
huh.gif
), and anything not totally defined as legal is getting ripped away from consumers. Just shelf it for the 20 years it'll take for Congress to pass anything on mod chips is the best they can do I guess
angry.gif

Regarding Game gizmo, thats really too bad, its the main site I was considering getting GBA flash stuff from and a Saturn modboard aswell, it was a really nice site. Last time I checked in I remember thinking "Why did Liksang get shut down over this, I wonder if they will be soon aswell". Great layout + looked reputable. Dang
sad.gif

---Ammut

Wow, seems like there were a lot of people here that had experiences with GameGizmo. I too have a happier Saturn because of them. The only time I had a bad experience was when I got a defect EMS Action Replay cart probably from their old stockpile. That's just sad that they shut down.

Any site that has that sweetass image is legit enough for me.
laugh.gif

But Cecilia makes a point. Why should we trust "Crazy Uncle Barnaby's Mod Warehouse" or anyone that we haven't previously bought stuff from? Paypal doesn't exactly have a flawless system, neither does Ebay.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Isn't Germany where the Utopia guys cracked the dreamcast? I heard action was swift and harsh...

Utopia didn't crack anything. Martin Poupe (sp?) figured it all out, GameShark used his work, and Utopia stole the methods from one of the two.
wink.gif

Anyways, it's a shame about GameGizmo, it was a very nice site, I was thinking about ordering a few more things from them. <_<

Originally posted by Ammut+Apr 25, 2003 @ 02:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ammut @ Apr 25, 2003 @ 02:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Taelon@Apr 23, 2003 @ 07:07 PM

America - land of the free.... *snip*

laugh.gif

[/b][/quote]

Whoa! That's news to me, I had no idea...
unsure.gif
As for the "not quite legal" part, well, see, that's the thing... mod chips and the like can be put to completely legal uses (homebrew development), so the issue at hand is the blanket ban they put on all those devices... it COULD be used for pirating, so let's just outlaw it... and that sucks.

How come guns and rifles haven't been banned because they COULD be used to kill people?

Originally posted by Taelon@Apr 27, 2003 @ 06:26 PM

How come guns and rifles haven't been banned because they COULD be used to kill people?

Because the good guys are allowed to use them to kill the bad guys.
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by mal+Apr 27, 2003 @ 08:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Apr 27, 2003 @ 08:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Taelon@Apr 27, 2003 @ 06:26 PM

Because the good guys are allowed to use them to kill the bad guys.
rolleyes.gif
[/b][/quote]

Umm...you are not allowed to modify a semi-automatic to a fully automatic or cut down the barell of a shotgun even if you never intended to kill anyone with it. Same basic idea with modchips.

Back