GamePark Holdings' GP2X F-200

vbt

Staff member
new_gp.jpg

A new GP2X is coming with a touchscreen and a stylus like the DS :)

GPH are marketing it as a media playing device first and foremost. The game/Linux/hobby developer crowd is really just a bonus.

antime said:
GPH are marketing it as a media playing device first and foremost. The game/Linux/hobby developer crowd is really just a bonus.

Yes, but there's nothing to set it apart from other devices I already have as a general consumer, and the hobby developer crowd isn't big enough to be the sole target of a device like this. I mean, my cell phone can play MP3's and DIVX or WMV, show photos, etc., so that's all covered. The only way to get someone like me to buy something like this is to provide something I can't get elsewhere. A plethora of games is usualy the place to start.

The problem with GPH is the way they lose great softwares, for example tkae the demo of Odonata.

An excellent shoot them up for their handheld but with their poor marketing and help the game was never released, now the do a new version of the GP2X with minor changes, the first one is already a good machine, it only lacks professionnal software to be much more appealing.

As you can see I already own a GP2X, I can play emulated games but I also need new and original games on the current hardware.

The crazy GP2X F-200 Gamepark handheld is available today for $169 on Play-Asia. What's so special about this handheld? For one, it's running Linux and can play back DivX, XVid and MPEG4 at 30FPS, or TV-Out your movies that are encoded at 720x480. For two, it supports emulation, which means you can load your old ROMs on there and play NES/SNES and other retro games you download for free off the internet.

Source : http://gizmodo.com/

Back