Games for 3D Glasses?

paul26000

Ban Hammered
I was just wondering if any 1 new of any/all the master system games that use the 3D glasses?

Cause i bought a boxed master system 1 with the light gun,3D glasses & 2 controlers

all with instructions and the inside packing for 16 UK pounds, which i thought was realy cheep as iv seen em go for as much as 70 quid...

So if any 1 knows of any games that use the 3D glasses please let me know........

You wouldn't happen to know the pinout of the port that the glasses run on would you? I've kinda been wondering if there is a way to make the glasses work without being plugged into the master system. I have a friend that likes to play his dreamcast using them. <_<

I know that there have been devices made so that you can hook them up to a PC COM port. Th pin out can be that complex though...there are only three pins.

How exactly does you friend use them with his DC? They are useless unless you have the screen split into the two overlapping images that makes playing the 3D SMS games next to impossible without the glasses.

PC schematics

Well I suppose it could - he's effectively halving the frame rate he is seeing. If he thinks it's worth the jerky effect and the headaches I guess he's entitled. He'd probably get the same effect by waving his hand in front of his face while playing the game. Sounds a bit like he's used to playing games one handed anyway. ;)

ahhh, how it works is quite a bit more complicated than I imagined. I knew it cut frames out, but this is more than I'm willing to take on lol.

Basically the glasses are just super fast shutters that use a LCD panel (same thing digital watches have) to block either the left or right eye. Each time a new field (no frame as some think) is shown by the system it is setup for either the left or right eye. So that only the eye that's supposed to see that image can. Then the next field it opens the other eye on the glasses and blocks the current one while the system now draws a new image for that eye. It's a rather good effect and works quite well.

As for the pinout the glasses basically use a standard stereo jack. One line is ground, one is for the left eye and the other for the right eye. You just gotta send a SMALL amount of current to either one to block it.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Nov 4, 2003 @ 07:08 AM

Each time a new field (no frame as some think)

The SMS outputs a non-interlaced signal (every field is an odd field) so each field can be legitimately called a frame.

Thanx for the small list, and to all that other stuff about the glasses but does any 1 have a complete list of games...here is what i have FOUND SO FAR .......

BLADE EAGLE-3D

MAZE WALKER-3D

MAZE HUNTER-3D

MISSILE DEFENCE-3D

POSEIDON WARS-3D

SPACE HARRIER-3D

ZAXXON-3D

OUT RUN-3D

THERE YOU GO...FIXED IT AND CHEERS...

Originally posted by paul26000@Nov 4, 2003 @ 10:09 AM

Thanx for the small list, and to all that other stuff about the glasses but does any 1 have a complete list of games...here is what i have FOUND SO FAR .......

BLADE WALKER-3D

MAZE HUNTER-3D

MISSILE DEFENCE-3D

POSEIDON WARS-3D

SPACE HARRIER-3D

ZAXXON-3D

Blade walker = Blade eagle.

add Outrun 3d.

Back