Games like...

I bought PDS some days ago (a unemployed friend was needing the money and I was drooling over his game so... I'm broken now) and Sakura Wars (Great game! The little I can play without knowing japanese, of course. Some day I will...)

I have SW 1 & 2 and Panzer Dragoon Saga & Zwei and I'm loving these games, so what I need to know is if there are some games (US or Jap, Saturn or not) similar to these two great series.

They are so original and great that I would like to play games as good as these ones. :cheers

Originally posted by racketboy+Feb 5, 2004 @ 08:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Feb 5, 2004 @ 08:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I assume you mean on the Saturn only?[/b]

Doesn't sound like it to me.

<!--QuoteBegin-SegaTecToy
@Feb 5, 2004 @ 07:20 AM

I have SW 1 & 2 and Panzer Dragoon Saga & Zwei and I'm loving these games, so what I need to know is if there are some games (US or Jap, Saturn or not) similar to these two great series.

[/quote]

Rez is a good one to check out for the DC or PS2 if you like PD 1 or 2.

Same type of shooter -- but a different feel -- in a good way

Rez is a top suggestion. :agree

It may be a bit obvious, but Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox is really good too.

I think he is talking about RPGs but i could be wrong :ph34r:

Maybe some grandia 2 on the dreamcast, shining force 3 on saturn.

As i said i could be completely wrong, but he said PDS which is panzer dragoon saga. And i think sakura wars is some kind of rpg too.

Skies of Arcadia for Dreamcast or Skies of Arcadia Legends on Gamecube

Rez is great, I've got the Playstation 2 version

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (also on Playstation 2)

There are a lot of RPGs on Saturn I never played, does anyone know if Wachenroder is any good?

Yeah, Sakura Wars has a lot in common with Shining Force as far as the battle system goes.

...and so does Wachenröder. A nice turn based strategy game, with good graphics, cool sound and an awesome atmosphere.

Thanks for the sugestions.

Rez is acclaimed as a great and original game from the reviews I see and I must get a XBOX to see how Panzer Dragoon Orta looks like in a console two generations ahead of the Saturn. (sadly the series never made to the DC)

Wachenröder, from the screenshots is similar to SW. And strategy games are a genre that I love. :)

The good news is that the games you all cited (like Grandia and Skies of Arcadia) are relatively easy to find and not very expensive.

I heard that Magic Knight Rayearth is a very good RPG too. And as the last western released Saturn game it is a piece of history too.

Skies of Arcadia is wonderful.

It is getting a little harder to get for a good price though.

I should know -- I'm trying to get a good deal on another copy since my current disc one freezes on the same spot everytime.

You can probably get the GC version cheaper

Yes, I'll try to get both but the GC version of SoA is really easier to find.

correction, the last US released game. Dont forget us PAL sods :p

Interesting. Do you know what saturn game was the last one released in Europe?

Back