Genesis Adaptor

B

BigDAlcala

Did they ever make an adaptor for the Sega Gensis that worked as an alternative to the RF unit..one that could plug into the red white and yellow plugs? Sorry, I forgot the name of the specific plug but I know you know what I'm talking about.

I don't know which version genesis you have, but they did make a component (that's what the red/white/yellow cables are called) video cable for the 32x/Genesis2/CDX. As far as I can remember, the cables for the genesis2 were mono (only yellow and white cables), then they produced stereo cables for the 32x. But you can use the stereo cables with any of the systems that have the proper AV output lead.

Oh, try Sega-Parts for the proper cable.
smile.gif

Thx for the info! I sent them an e-mail because I have the older version (My Sega CD hooks up on the side), and I asked them if they have the part. Hopefully they will. Again, thank you!

Well, after e-mailing the site....I find that there was no Stereo A/V cable ever made for my version of the Sega Genesis....
sad.gif
So now that means that I won't be able to play my Genesis until I move out and buy a TV for my apartment, because my dad won't let me play RF unit systems because they fark up the TV reception so bad.
sad.gif
Oh well, on the bright side, although I'm such a nerd with videogames, that doesn't stop me from dating this really hot chica whom I met at my friend's 4th of July Party!!
love.gif
love.gif
Yeeeayeeeah!
cool.gif

Originally posted by BigDAlcala@July 12 2002,16:56

Well, after e-mailing the site....I find that there was no Stereo A/V cable ever made for my version of the Sega Genesis....
sad.gif

That's because the A/V port on the original Genesis only outputs mono sound.

You can buy a mono cable, hook up the video (yellow) connector only, and then buy a "Y-cable" which plugs into the headphone output for the Stereo L and R connections.

Mike

So now that means that I won't be able to play my Genesis until I move out and buy a TV for my apartment, because my dad won't let me play RF unit systems because they fark up the TV reception so bad.

You can always plug in the genesis RF adaptor, when using it, then unpulg it and put the cable line back in once your finished :
wink.gif
:

Yeah I know, but being that our TV is so ghetto fabulous, if someone merely bumps the cable going into the TV, the reception farks up really bad, and it takes forever to position the wire just right again. Given the fact that our TV is in a wooden entertainment center, it's not really easy to access the back of the TV, especially to meticulously position a wire.

Originally posted by BigDAlcala@July 16 2002, 1:06 am

Yeah I know, but being that our TV is so ghetto fabulous, if someone merely bumps the cable going into the TV, the reception farks up really bad, and it takes forever to position the wire just right again. Given the fact that our TV is in a wooden entertainment center, it's not really easy to access the back of the TV, especially to meticulously position a wire.

Sounds like your RF cable, cut the plug off and put on a new one. Put on an all metal one instead of a cheap plastic one its worth the extra 50p if that fails you got a dry joint on your tuner module. Whip out your hot tool and melt the one that looks like its dull. Then go back to the TV and solder the dry joint
tongue.gif

Back