Genesis Jukebox?

A few years ago, in a magazine, i saw that a company had a device that could let you put 12 games or so in it and in return plugs into your genesis, like a jukebox. i thought that was kind of cool, but now that emulators are around, it even better. Anyways, i just wanted to know if anybody has any info or links to where i may try to get one. i know they made one for snes as well, but i'm more interested in the genesis version.

Originally posted by remysf3@Jan. 17 2003, 10:16 am

A few years ago, in a magazine, i saw that a company had a device that could let you put 12 games or so in it and in return plugs into your genesis, like a jukebox. i thought that was kind of cool, but now that emulators are around, it even better. Anyways, i just wanted to know if anybody has any info or links to where i may try to get one. i know they made one for snes as well, but i'm more interested in the genesis version.

what's it look like?

how big is it?

how much is it?

I remember those, they sold for $150 american and i wanted one. I think they also had a 6 cartridge version.

I remember those. They used to use them in Genesis display/kiosk thingies in stores. I remember Sears used it.

Originally posted by E Nice@Jan. 20 2003, 12:05 pm

I remember those. They used to use them in Genesis display/kiosk thingies in stores. I remember Sears used it.

Oh I remember those!!!

Target had one too I think.

That was before demo disks
smile.gif

You pushed a little button for what game you wanted to try.

I found a "look" at it in EGM number 59. I guess i was wrong about the price..

untitled3.jpg

A remote was released or to be released, that's pretty nifty.

I found an ad in EGM #64 for this. It was the six cart version for 49.99.

It says they can be linked so that 36 carts are available. (I got an instant erection). So now, I want to figure out who I must kill to get my hands on one or more of these. For that cheap, you'd think they were more available!

Anyone ever see one on Ebay or elsewhere?

I just picked up this genesis jukebox on ebay. I hope it works. It looks like a sega brand original from store displays. This is good because I want to put it inside my arcade cabinet.

I payed ten bucks for it. Do you think it is worth it?

Ebay Picture of Jukebox

MVC310F.JPG

Originally posted by jeff-20@Apr 17, 2003 @ 06:38 PM

I just picked up this genesis jukebox on ebay. I hope it works. It looks like a sega brand original from store displays. This is good because I want to put it inside my arcade cabinet.

I payed ten bucks for it. Do you think it is worth it?

Ebay Picture of Jukebox

MVC310F.JPG

$10 is pretty good

looks like it needs to be cleaned up a bit

If I had it on display I'd want to do something about that nasty cable

but like I said, $10 can't be beat (at least not by much
biggrin.gif
)

I just tested my jukebox. It turns out it is NOT a jukebox after all...

It is a display system. It cycles through each of the six carts, letting each demo run for about 2 minutes. Which is kind of cool on my arcade (with the gen inside) BUT it does not allow me to actually PLAY the games! It just cycles to the next game when the time is up...

I can use the button to advance to the next cart. It's a cool novelty, but I am still looking for the ASG "real" jukebox.

EDIT:

There is a switch on the back that toggles demo and play modes! I can stop and play a game if I like it. Also, the button allows for quick selection. How perfect for an arcade!

Back