Genesis Link Cable

Hi, i was wondering in anyone could help me with this "link cable" for the genesis. I have the zero tolerance game and am curious as to this cable. If anyone has one or knows how to get one or how to maybe make one please let me know. as always any info will help !!! :bow

I think I've seen the pinout for these somewhere, but Google's not turning it up at the moment. IIRC there are no electronics in the cable, it just crosses a few pins to allow for null-modem style communication...

As you can see, this schem was made for the segagenesis display processor.

I suspect this pic to be inclued in the zerotolerance rom, somewere. :p

, it just crosses a few pins to allow for null-modem style communication...

Might use the serial mode, yes...

Attachments

• zerotolerance.bmp
    204.9 KB · Views: 210
  • zerotolerance.bmp
    204.9 KB · Views: 197
  • zerotolerance.bmp
    204.9 KB · Views: 210
Thanks for your help with the pic... so to just go ahead and make one wouldn't be all that hard??

Where would you get the parts for it? what about hacking a controller extention cable..... would that work for something like this?

thanks for the info :thumbs-up:

what about hacking a controller extention cable..... would that work for something like this?

Since the link cable plugs into the controller ports, you just need two regular female controller plugs. You could get them from extension cables or controllers. I believe the Genesis connector has the layout of a DB-9 (aka something like "9-position D-type subminiature connector" if you go to RadioShack), but a regular DB-9 shell might not fit. I'd check, but my Genesis is in a box somewhere. :(

Thanks for your help and info.... i will try and get some ext. cables and make them work. Now i just need another genesis and zero tolerance. I'm just curious to see it work "in action"

Back