Gens

Has anyone else had any luck playing Eternal Champion CD with gens? I downloaded it and I believe the iso should be fine because it works under Ages. But I dont really care for ages Id much rather use Gens.

Not to insult your intelligence, but all the files (ISO+Mp3s) are named as specified in the manual? Otherwise it won't work.

I believe they are correct.

the iso is named echamp.iso and the mp3 files are named

echamp 02 echamp 03 echamp 04 ..... echamp 19

I also burned it to CD using Sega Cue maker and nero and I get the same effect as just the iso mp3. When I first started the game i got to the menu which asks you to create the save space on the cart. Then the screen just goes to black.

Maybe I should try a different copy of the game.?

Just a thought, but is perfect sync disabled?

You should try disabling it and enabling it, some games seem to work better without it and some with it.

Well I downloaded the pal version of the game. I tried the suggestion above on both the US and Pal version and still nothing works.. After the bios screen I just get a black screen. :damn:

Ill look for a Bin Cue of the game and try that.. If that doesnt work then either im overlooking something.. or it just does not run it.

Did you check the emu compatibility lists? Last time I checked, there was one for gens at the gens homepage, and there was one for the 3 main Sega CD emus at Eidolon's Inn.

What version are you using, and are there any special settings?

Are you using with the original CD?

Its not a big deal.. now im just determined to figure this out.

I'm using 2.11 and an ISO-MP3 rip of the (U) version. It works with perfect-sync both on and off.

Do you know what bios version you are using?

Originally posted by M3d10n@Apr 21, 2004 @ 01:52 AM

Sounds like a bad rip. The original disc could've been damaged, and the errors were also ripped.

Why would it work in Ages?

Anyway, is the country detection set to auto? Maybe the ISO had its region messed with.

Back