Getting banned from classicsega.homeunix.com

I'm really sad about this too. You see I'm an idjit and I didn't know that download slots and upload slots were different.
blush.gif

So, I go ahead and set my download slots to like four and the bot bugs me someone tells me the bot is busted so I ignore all kicks. Now I apparently am banned due to the fact that I didn't work within the rules that I thought I was operating within. I know this isn't a classicsega.homeunix.com message board but it is one involving sega and some of you may visit this room if you do ask them to un IP ban me because I really would like to return to this hub.

I would just like to take this oppourtunity to state I am no longer responsible for any management or administration issues regarding the hub. I have washed my hands of everything from my "baby".

I didn't even know adminstrators were on this board. I'm just looking for some embassador to go in there and speak for me or something.

Hey, Mr. Method, why'd you do it? I went a few days ago and noticed Sonic no longer exists. What exactly happened?

Worm - frankly, I'm surprised at you. You kept getting KICKED from the hub and thought you could ignore THAT? It must have been obvious right then that Sonic wasn't as broken as you thought, regardless of what someone said
smile.gif

Anyway, what was your username and IP on the hub? I'm an op there and I could unban you (except right now the hub seems to be down, but that should be temporary)...

It wasn't Sonic it was Alex Kidd and I can't trust two d's sorry.

User name is Worm and IP is 209.74.6.206

Look I set my download slots to 4 and thought that was that when the bot kicked me and someone told me he was busted it kind of verified--wrongly--that I was in the right. Remember I am quite witless.

EDIT: I seem to only of been banned for a day on a charge of xtreme douche baggery. Thanks for being helpful and not calling me a l4m3r.

MTX,

I think I just had a bit of a clash with the vision of how the hub was to be run. That and I wasn't getting the kin of help I needed from the ops, instead all I got was bickering. New emulation based hub will be starting soon though, so keep your eyes peeled.

Originally posted by Taelon@Dec. 06 2002, 5:29 am

Worm - frankly, I'm surprised at you. You kept getting KICKED from the hub and thought you could ignore THAT? It must have been obvious right then that Sonic wasn't as broken as you thought, regardless of what someone said
smile.gif

Anyway, what was your username and IP on the hub? I'm an op there and I could unban you (except right now the hub seems to be down, but that should be temporary)...

yo taelon, tell me, what is your name in the hub. if u are an op, then u more than likely know who i am.

I seem to be actually banned this time.

I went off to make dinner. Walked back to the computer and saw my game D/Led. So I go ahead and close DC++ (I was in the hub at this time) try to copy it and realize I don't know how to copy .img files. So when I come back to ask ... banned.

You get banned for being in multiple hubs and having a very poor hub-to-slot ratio. For instance, one could be in 12 hubs, but only 2 slots open. Some have been banned for having ten slots open, but in 50+ hubs.

It's an unwritten rule of sorts, I suppose. Some of the admins like doing mass bannings, it's pretty insane, but understandable.

That's not accurate, MTXBlau, especially not in ClassicSega's case. Whoever was banned during the course of yesterday was banned because of a problem with the hub, and it should be fixed for most people. I, for one, have to take care of a particular person tonight at home.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@Jan. 19 2003, 8:04 pm

That's not accurate, MTXBlau, especially not in ClassicSega's case.

If so, you may want to discuss with your fellow mods. I'm simply relaying what I've been told in the past by other moderators.

Back