Getting stereo sound from the sega cd

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dyne

Website
Visit site
okay.....i got a sega cd 2 with a genny 2 and a 32x and i want to get stereo sound from all three and connect them thru the A/V cables. do i just need the 32x stereo cables or some other stuff.

btw i ordered the pass thru cable from sega parts for my original genny/sega cd setup and they sent me the 32x cable that connects the unit to the genny. it was only $3 but still disappointing.

Curtis

Website
Visit site
Use the two RCA jacks at the back of the SCD. I'm fairly sure all sound is passed through these.

Dyne

Website
Visit site
yeah i tried that with the original model but there was some music missing which was very noticiable during the bios screen.

mtxblau

Mid Boss
Website
comprak.net
With the original model genesis it works a little differently - you need to run a plug from the headphone output on the genesis into the input on the back of the SegaCD, which is right next to the RCA jacks. It's a male to male cord, I don't remember the proper pin size but it's the same as a regular set of headphones.

You need to then turn up the volume halfway on the genesis.

There is an interesting quirk w/ the genesis, and it might be just me (but I do remember reading this in the manual) - if the volume is up, the genesis won't 'boot' properly. That happens to me regularly (because I forget) so just passing that on to you.

EDIT: What Ice said.

Nadius

Website
Visit site
because you have the genesis 2, you don't need the mixing cables, and therefore, yes, you do need the genesis 2 stereo a/v cables and you connect those to the a/v out of the thirty too ex.

I'm sleepy