Ghost Whisperer

I got a chance to see the pilot episode of this new show about a week ago and thought it was quite interesting. I'm not a big fan of Jennifer Love Hewitt, but I am a fan of stuff like buffy and charmed, and it reminds me of both of them. It's supposed to on CBS in the fall. Anyway, has anyone seen the pilot yet, and if so, what do you think? I hope that it becomes a succesful series.

From the website" Jennifer Love Hewitt returns to series television in a riveting look at the link between the living and the dead, between life and death. Inspired by the cases of famed psychic James Van Praagh, it focuses on a young newlywed endowed with the unique ability to communicate with spirits, who has spent her entire life coping with this extraordinary gift, but who also yearns to lead an ordinary life--if only the dead would stop talking. And what they are saying leads her to some unusual psychic investigations."

Basically, "ghosts" find out that she can see and talk to them, and get her to help them or their families out. In the pilot episode, a soldier that died in a helicopter crash in vietnam came to her. He did not know where he was when he crashed, or what date it was at present, but the birth of his grandchild woke his spirit up somehow, and he thinks it's his son or daughter that was born. So, Jennifer Hewitt goes to his family, and they blame her of trying to profit off of their loss, when she tries to tell them where the guy's father died. So, they run her off, and the guy later on comes back, saying that his wife forced him to call the pentagon, to do a search for his father's body, and they find it.

It's a cash-in-on-the-hit rip-off. See, NBC scored a big hit this year with their mid-season lauch "Medium." So now all the other networks are gonna try to cash in on the idea of a psychic solving mysteries and dealing with the other problems her powers bring about. CBS is just the first to jump on the bandwagon.

I may check it out in the fall, but only because there's nothing else scheduled in the 8PM Friday timeslot that has my interest.

BTW, 8PM Friday is a death-knell timeslot. Don't expect the show to return after the December break.

Back