Giri Giri Help

WHen I try to run a saturn Cd on Giri Giri , it either freezes up on a black screen , or the initialization saturn screen with the copyrights shows up & freezes. Occasionally it says error play. I have tried numerous Cd's and all of my Aspi drives are installed properly . Any help please ???????????????????

I've come across a GiriGiri loader that allows Windows XP users to boot from a CD. I haven't gotten it to work real well though. I managed to play the music tracks from a game in the BIOS but not actually launch the game.

Someone figure this out.

Edit: linked wrong program.

Originally posted by Resident_Lurker@May 24, 2003 @ 08:44 PM

I've come across a GiriGiri loader that allows Windows XP users to boot from a CD. I haven't gotten it to work real well though. I managed to play the music tracks from a game in the BIOS but not actually launch the game.

Someone figure this out.

I've been using that as well, but it doesn't have a "run cd" option. It runs iso's great though. There is another tool that runs girigiri, but it's in japanese. Can't really understand the menu's much, but it does seem to have a lot of more options to mess with. Video, isos, cd drives, cpu options, ect, ect.. Now we just need someone to translate the dang thing.
wink.gif

To run saturn cd's in win9x with girigiri, goto your "windows/profiles/saturn" directory and open your user.ini with wordpad. Add the lines:

[CD]

DriveLetter=X

Many people have gotten it to run cd's in win9x systems with that. Replace "X" with your cd drive letter.

Originally posted by fivefeet8@May 25, 2003 @ 11:55 AM

[CD]

DriveLetter=X

Many people have gotten it to run cd's in win9x systems with that. Replace "X" with your cd drive letter.

I tried that before, but cheers anyway
smile.gif
. I went through the other thread quite a few times, with no luck.

Truth be told, I only want to use it so I can play whilst my housemate hogs the TV with Tony Hawk
smile.gif

I keep getting a 'failed read toc' error with that new loader
sad.gif
. I'm guessing it's not gonna be too long before someone puts out the perfect frontend for Girigiri. It's early days yet
smile.gif

I just got the bootleg sampler and Megaman 8 to load from the cd-rom. I don't know how I did it...and I don't know what the common denominator of these errors is either. The mystery deepens...

if you have two CD drive on win98 (I have a DVD on Z: and Daemon tool on Y:) you need to put a CD into the two CD drives. In my case if I don't do that the emulator says "open drive" (in french). So each time I want a play a saturn game i do that :

- put a CD image into Y: (a Saturn game or a PC game)

- put a real CD on Z:

After that all games run on Girigiri
smile.gif

PS : I never managed to run a game from daemon tool, it reads the country from deamon tool and run the game from my real CD drive !!! It's something like that.

Boy, are some of you going to love me...

The trick is to UNINSTALL the XP patch! Don't know if it will work for eveyone else, but for me that is all I had to do!

With the patch installed, the EMU kept reading my CD door as "open"...not sure why though. To make sure that it was the patch that was giving me the problems, I re-installed it. Sure enough nothing would load. Uninstalled again, and I can boot EVERYTHING from the CD rom. So, uninstall it and give it a shot!

3rdman

My copy of girigiri came with the saturnxppatch.sdb file, think that means it came patched. How do you remove it. As i am getting the Drive Open error. Used to have the Failed TOC error, until i deleted the wnaspi32.dll file
tongue.gif

Any help?

The xp patch file isnt in there, giri still giving drive door open error. Fine i am using a virtual Cd drive, and not a real CD, basically as i dont want to waste CDs. Doesnt work on the 6inch CD either

If it can help in shedding light on the subject, on ESC, it gives an "Error Play" error message in a dialog box

Right I have Windows XP Pro, the latest ASPI drivers and the loader linked above.

I can now play saturn games from my cd drive under XP on the Giri Giri Hack but only REAL saturn games, if its a downloaded backup or a backup I ripped myself from a real game it just goes straight to the CD Player and lets me listen to the audio tracks but will not let me play the game.

Weird
blink.gif
biggrin.gif

On and up side the latest SSF release and Satourne release show things are on the up, SSF plays games from cd under XP with no probs, both real and backups and Satourne although just loading ISO's has great speed.

i'm writing here so i don't forget the topic later.

i have what i think is pretty much complete instructions to run Giri Giri using the CD-Rom in windows XP. I actually started redistrubuting the zip file with the readme altered for this purpose.

when i find it again, i'll send you all a copy in here

/<

Hmm...seems i may not be able to share the information on a post after all...for now you can contact me personally if you want the instructions, at least until i get an Admin-friendly variation of the post

Back