GiriGiri/Cassini not loading game

I'm on Ubuntu and I'm having problems with GiriGiri and Cassini. When I select the .cue file, GiriGiri loads up the BIOS and tells me, mostly in Japanese, something about the CD, and doesn't load the game. I looked this up, and supposedly the region needs to be changed. I tried every region, and none of them work. I looked around to make sure the .cue file was in the right format. I thought maybe I screwed something up in compiling the .bin file, so I tried the .cue and .bin from an actual game, and that had the same problem. I remember using GiriGiri before a couple years ago and it worked fine. This time while starting it up I get the error "List index out of bounds (2)." On Cassini, nothing loads up at all. If I try to load a game, I get "Range check error," and if I try to quit the program, I get the same error and the program doesn't close. Oddly enough, I'm having the exact same errors on Xubuntu and Windows XP. When I was using Fedora, everything worked fine. However, I'm wondering if this is something bigger than just the OS. I usually don't ask for help and I enjoy solving problems on my own, but I'm getting frustrated that I can't even load something up, and all I want is to see even "Hello world" on the screen.

Thanks for replying. I tried SSF, but when I load it, it tells me there's no CD. I've also tried Satourne and Saturnin.

Just gonna keep trying. Something has got to work.

EDIT:

Yabause plays .iso files fine, so I'm going to try that route.

EDIT2:

Like yesterday, the .iso doesn't load either. I made the .iso with this command:

mkisofs -sysid "SEGA SATURN" -volid "Your Progam" -volset "Your Program" -publisher "SEGA ENTERPRISES, LTD." -preparer "SEGA ENTERPRISES, LTD." -appid "YourProgram" -abstract "~/Saturn/test/ABS.TXT" -copyright "~/Saturn/test/CPY.TXT" -biblio "~/Saturn/test/BIB.TXT" -generic-boot /home/anth/Saturn/test/IP.BIN -full-iso9660-filenames -o sl.iso sl.bin /home/anth/Saturn/test

Emulator loads up, I see the Saturn splash screen, the SEGA logo, and then it freezes there. Since Yabause is loading other .iso files, I'm guessing either I screwed up while making the .iso, or something is wrong with the compilation of the program.

Well, none of the emulators are working. The Cassini "range check error" is fixed by making sure that you don't leave the CDROM drive option clear. It has to say at least "no drive". Also, I found out the BIOS file must be named either EURO.bin or CASS.bin, depending on the version of Cassini, but I'm not sure if that's needed for the "Lite" version. Regardless, I added both BIOS files, just in case. However, I load up a .bin file or .cue at it stalls at the BIOS menu, without a message why. Some other emulators glitch a little at the menu. I've also tried other people's .bin files and they didn't load up either. The only thing I've gotten to load is some .iso files on Yabause. I don't remember this being that hard. I don't know why I can't get a .bin to load.

Woo! Got .bin to load up! Got "Hello, Saturn" on the screen.

So, either in Giri Giri or Cassini, you load up a .cue file and let it load up a sec, then you go to file in the top left corner, and select "Load Exec" and it shows up! Some .bin files aren't loading up, but at least I got it working. Also, seems to load up at any time, really. Wait for the menu screen, if you want.

*Frolics around*

aeroflot said:
Woo! Got .bin to load up! Got "Hello, Saturn" on the screen.

So, either in Giri Giri or Cassini, you load up a .cue file and let it load up a sec, then you go to file in the top left corner, and select "Load Exec" and it shows up! Some .bin files aren't loading up, but at least I got it working. Also, seems to load up at any time, really. Wait for the menu screen, if you want.

*Frolics around*

use yabause, you can upload binaries too and there are a lot of useful things for development ! check latest 0.9.14 release !

Back