GNUSH problems under Vista

I hate to whine, but I am having some serious frustration problems using GNUSH under Windows Vista.

After installing HEW, then the GNUSH toolkit, I cannot compile anything (I haven't tried Saturn examples or demos, I'm merely trying to compile the examples that come with GNUSH). I know my library paths are set right, because a quick echo %C_INCLUDE_PATH% and %LIBRARY_PATH% confirm this.

When I try to compile any of the examples that come with GNUSH, I get strange errors (to my novice programming mind) like...

"cc1: Unrecognized command line option -imultilib"

"cc1: error: invalid option 'l' "

It seems to give me this one whenever I pass the -ml (that's a little L, for little endian) option

"cc1: invalid option '2' "

Whenever I give sh-elf-gcc the -m2 option, which I think is needed to compile for SH2.

"CreateProcess: No such file or directory"

Whenever I try to use sh-elf-g++ to compile anything.

Aren't these supposed to be valid options? It's like my compilers are stupid or something.

I have installed and reinstalled GNUSH repeatedly, and made sure to auto-update the toolkit and download the GNUSH maintenance pack, but I absolutely cannot figure out what is wrong. The manuals and installation would leave me to believe that the compilation of the included samples should be a trivial operation that works out of the box.

I have not set any Vista Compatibility options for any of the binary utilities, though I did give the GNUSH installer compatibility for Windows XP SP2 on the Properties page.

Has anybody else had this problem? When Googled, the above errors give posts of people trying to create their own cross-compilers, but no one who has had trouble with GNUSH. Am I overlooking something incredibly simple? I'd appreciate any advice.

EDIT: I know this really isn't a GNUSH support forum, but..I just immediately figured I'd post here for help. I don't mean to clutter up the board.

I'm also having problems with SaturnOrbit.

Doing a clean install of SaturnOrbit, then running "BUILDELF" or "BUILDCOF" batch files, returns the same

cc1: invalid option '2'

as when I installed KPIT tools myself. This happens whether I am running the console in Elevated mode with administrator privileges or not.

It seems your problem happen on minigw and other gcc too. For sure it will be fixed sooner or later.

Hmm, fixed a year later. How clever. :)

Shortly after that post however, I followed antime's instructions to create my own GCC cross-compiler (also on a thread in this forum), which did not have any problems.

Back