Golden Axe

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Remember this cool hack n slash game with the magic toting midgets?  I pity da foo who never played this game!  One of the greatests hack n slash games ever made!  You could ride dragons and beat up big fat dudes!  Can life get any better?

Golden Axe is a great game.This game was one of my first Sega Genesis games I had. It had funny looking characters,midgets that gave you power,and great music.This is one of the best Sega Carts you can own.

oh god this doozey it should have been called golden axed, it should have been axed before it was made it was just terrible it was the same and same and same and the only decent way you could attack anyone was jump and slash pushing right or left and 2 buttons just dont do it for me, its just a medevil street of rage which is also very poor.

Originally posted by JohnD@Aug. 03 2002, 7:50 am

oh god this doozey it should have been called golden axed, it should have been axed before it was made it was just terrible it was the same and same and same and the only decent way you could attack anyone was jump and slash pushing right or left and 2 buttons just dont do it for me, its just a medevil street of rage which is also very poor.

are you capable of making a positive comment?

Edit: Damn, post count 420
laugh.gif

hey this is still one of the best games around!...goldenaxe on gen's multiplayer 2nite anyone? (if it works on multiplay...)  
biggrin.gif

you gotta be joking, am not playing "golden past it" online what a waste of fucking time. you know how much they charge me for this broadband and you want me to push 2 keys with you so you can get satisfaction out of it i think not.

Originally posted by JohnD@Aug. 03 2002, 1:24 pm

you gotta be joking, am not playing "golden past it" online what a waste of fucking time. you know how much they charge me for this broadband and you want me to push 2 keys with you so you can get satisfaction out of it i think not.

First off, i doubt he was asking you if youd play...nice that youd assume he wanted to play with you though(who would)Well good job, you just proved you dont really know much about the game
laugh.gif
Its 3 buttons not 2 A is cast magic, B for attack, and C is jump...Now if your going to talk shit about a game, at least know what the hell youre talking about...

Never had Golden Axe on MD but I loved it on my Atari. Who says multi-platform Sega is a new thing
smile.gif
? Good thing games aren't as influential on your thought as conservative politicians would have you think or else we'd all be attacking midgets in the street for their magic. Try telling that one to the police.

well i recall in the news that you could voice your opinion about a game whats bad or good about it etc or can you not take a bit of bad feeback here? no game is perfect certainly not this one, i think the game is bull i also owned it too and it was bland as F**K and i was reffering to the sms version which has 2 buttons so dont act smart cww80. i may come across evil as hell but thats the way i am like it or leave it am sure there are some other evil b**tards in here too that like it hot.
cool.gif
angry.gif
sarcasm.gif

Originally posted by JohnD@Aug. 03 2002, 2:15 pm

well i recall in the news that you could voice your opinion about a game whats bad or good about it etc or can you not take a bit of bad feeback here? no game is perfect certainly not this one, i think the game is bull i also owned it too and it was bland as F**K and i was reffering to the sms version which has 2 buttons so dont act smart cww80. i may come across evil as hell but thats the way i am like it or leave it am sure there are some other evil b**tards in here too that like it hot.
cool.gif
angry.gif
sarcasm.gif

Ill act anyway i see fit
tongue.gif
also...since you so obviously havent noticed...this is the Genesis section of SegaXtreme...were all(obviously) not even talking about the sms version(or any of the other ports) as far as i know, theres no sms emulator that you can play online...adding even less steam to your "argument"

well am not a big emulation geek i dont know all these damn things and a guy said he played an atari version and it just says golden axe so i could say the arcade version for all this topic matters golden axe is in the genesis section probably because its the best port of poor game.

Golden Axe isn't Guardian Heroes or D&D:ToD/SOM, but it's a solid 2.5D beat-em-up. If you think the only way to decently attack is to do jump slashes, you either played a crappy port or just never learned how to do the other stuff properly (Gilius's roll can let you seriously pummel some of the bosses, for instance). Incidentally, am I the only one who thinks that Gilius is the only character worth playing once you've seen all the magic animations a couple times?
biggrin.gif

a friend lent me golden axe 3 a few months ago. i had capcoms "king of dragons" in mind when i went to play it and to find that it looked like a rehash of golden axe 2 i thought his copy was fake (the box was chinese!). only to later play king of dragons on my snes and realise my mistake lol

never told him though
tongue.gif

btw to cww80 and JohnD,

cww80 says golden axe is good, means the genesis version, i agree its enjoyable.

JohnD, the sms version, yep, fucken shit. lol

Golden Axe was the first game that I played that had a pallete of over 4 colors. I played it on the PC before I had a Genesis or a Master System. I think it is a good game, though much too easy. The point of the duel mode is not so much passing it, but passing it without getting hit, which is not that difficult. Golden Axe 2 was terrible, Golden Axe 3 was the best of the series, in my opinion.

Golden Axe 2 is awesome. The graphics are better than most stuff that comes out for Gameboy Advance, the music is very creative and really sets the mood, and the gameplay is outstanding. The higher level magic spells look better than Playstation, and the game is nearly 12 years old. In my opinion, it's the best of the 3. If they hadn't made Gilius Thunderhead unplayable in GA3 it might've had a shot.

I really like that game on my 286 PC with 33 Mhz
smile.gif

I love Golden Axe 3
smile.gif
..... BTW ... that game did not made in to 3D ..... something to think about !

Back