Good news for you Shining Force fans!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Sega will be releasing 3 new Shining Force titles for you!

Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon for GBA. This will be a remake of the original for the Genesis.

Shining Tears for PS2. Nothing is really known about this other then the title.

Another PS2 Shining Force game that nothing is really known but it will be out for PS2.

Thanks to the Magic Box for the news.

I think it really SUCKS that all nice titles from Sega are coming out only for the PS-crap, what about us Cube-owners?

Another PS2 Shining Force game that nothing is really known but it will be out for PS2.

*cries tears of joy*

Holy crap! I guess I have to buy a PS2 now, as long as it turns out to be a true SF game... Sega better develop this themselves and not farm it out (unless they can get Camelot to do it, of course)...hopefully by that time PS2's will be cheaper...

I am happy that they are making new force games, but would rather it was on Cube.

I guess I will have a use for my PS2 at least :p

Wow, maybe a reason besides GT4 to get a PS2. Just might haveta if these are good games. I am with you guys though, would rather have it on my cube.

Sega announced that Shining Tears for PS2 is an action RPG, the game will ship in winter 2004; and Shining Force is the latest work of the Shining Force series, the game is developed by Amusement Vision and the release date is 2005.

- The Magic Box

Hmm interesting. The characters don't look very "Shining", but the game itself looks cool. Is it going to be another action RPG, or another tactical game? From the screenshots it almost looks like an action/strategy/RPG hybrid.

edit - oops, didn't see the above post. I wonder if it'll have multiplayer then?

For sure, I doubt they will make 2 action rpgs back to back. I agree, the Chars. dont look very "shining" which I dislike. The art style was one of my fave things about these games. *shrug* oh well, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

BTW, imagine online multiplayer and downloadable quests and shit, that'd rock! *starts to dream*

Back