Good place to get Saturn stuff

I'm going on holiday to the States tomorrow and thought it a good opportunity to expand my games collection
tongue.gif

I'm most after Saturn stuff, but generally I'm after any retro consoles/games. Are there still stores in the States that sell such things? If so, can anyone point me to some (I'm going to Detroit, Philadelphia and NYC to name a few places)?

Thanks in advance!

I went one time to USA (in Louisiana and Texas) in 1999 and searched everywhere for saturn games and found only oe game, there was only one Dreamcast with Power Stone, I was really disappointed
sad.gif

Originally posted by vbt@Jul 2, 2003 @ 03:54 PM

I went one time to USA (in Louisiana and Texas) in 1999 and searched everywhere for saturn games and found only oe game, there was only one Dreamcast with Power Stone, I was really disappointed
sad.gif

Wow, you must have been looking in the wrong places. Especially since DCs had just came out that year. Anyways....

Antipasta, Check out Gamestops And EB worlds for Retro games. They will have good deals every now and then. Thats really all i can think of. Do they have those stores over there? If they do then..... i dunno.

yeah I checked, Lansing has 3 EBs and 3 Gamestops nearby... heck that's even more gamestores than Amsterdam, even though it's a much smaller town and Amsterdam is the capital of this country
damn.gif

bottom line: being a collector in Holland suxx0rz :puke:

If you were coming out here to california I'd have a few suggestions for you. As it is, what I'd suggest doing is maybe opening up a copy of the yellow pages in the area you are at and looking for game stores in there. I find if you are looking for rare stuff you should stay away from chains of stores (gamestop etc.), the prices won't be as good, but you are more likely to find something totally out there.

it sucks how Gamestops, and funcolands abandoned saturn, I don't understand that move, it was just as popular as the psx at one time... damn it... those bastards, and now because of that I need to look to ebay, to get stuff... damn it. all.

damn.gif

Originally posted by stack99@Jul 9, 2003 @ 04:13 PM

it sucks how Gamestops, and funcolands abandoned saturn, I don't understand that move, it was just as popular as the psx at one time... damn it... those bastards, and now because of that I need to look to ebay, to get stuff... damn it. all.

damn.gif

Stores dropped Saturn for the same reason they dropped Dreamcast, Sega abandoned it.

Saturn was dropped because the US sales were to horrid though (it was being outsold by PS1 about 6:1 - that's a really, REALLY sorry difference, akin to Xbox vs PS2 in Japan).

Back