Gradius V

Myname

Established Member
From Cex.co.uk:

What do you get if you cross one of the best shoot 'em ups of all-time with one of Japan's greatest (and most bonkers) development studios? We have no idea. But it looks like we'll shortly find out.

According to Konami, the recently announced Gradius V for PlayStation 2 is to be coded by none other than Treasure, masters of the shoot 'em up genre. With such, uh, original minds behind the update, Gradius fans can look forward to some of Treasure's usual inspired twists on the classic's gameplay.

The people behind Treasure started out at Konami, so handling Gradius V is kind of like a homecoming for them. We can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

Time to save for a PS2..

Treasure!!!!
ohmy.gif

My brother won his PS2 in a contest
biggrin.gif

Hmmm... Gradius. I remember that it as a solid shooting experience from all of these. I hope that V is as mindbending and adrenaline-filled like Ikaruga and Radiant. Of course, I don't remember Gradius ever being that much of a rush, but it was still entertaining. 'Played Gradius III for hours on the SNES when it first came out and I still touch up on Life Force and Gofer here and there. I hope Treasure incorporates the ability to increase in weapon levels like Radiant did along with an awesome, but wacky storyline!!

Back