graphic adventures!

for me the Amiga was and still is my platform of choice for graphic adventures.

i own all sorts from the Sierra series to Cruise for a Corpse

what were some of your favourites?

what are some of the crazy things you've tried in them?

did you know on Monkey Island u can use the poison flower petals on the herring? :lol:

i was getting ready for a surprise when i gave it to that troll but nothing happened!

its hard to pick an all time favourite but this is my top 5 in no particular order:

Police Quest 2

Space Quest 1

Space Quest 4

Monkey Island

Indiana jones & The Fate of Atlantis

Ah, Cruise for a Corpse. I love the style of those old Delphine adventures. I'm a big fan of Future Wars and Operation Stealth as well. It's a shame their games have gone steadily downhill ever since Fade to Black...

As far as Amiga adventures go, I loved most of the LucasArts ones, and I also liked the Simon the Sorcer games. Universe is another good one. I never really got into the Sierra games that much, although I do like Gobliiins and Castle of Dr. Brain (more of a puzzle game, but with an adventure interface).

And of course, Beneath a Steel Sky was beyond excellent.

Oh! Sorry! Stupid me... ^^;;; I did not notice this thread was on the Amiga secion, I am truly sorry ^^;;;

Heh, np. They _should_ have ported it to the Amiga.. the only Konami game I had for that machine was Castlevania (pretty decent version actually, although it didn't work that well with the one-button control -- it did have a password feature, which was nice).

My favorite adventure gaming moment still has to be the swordfights in the original Monkey Island.. I be needin' to memorize those lines, arrrr.

And speaking of Cruise for a Corpse, I really need to go back and play that game. I could never get past the first couple of clues.

WiseMan, did you ever play that shareware adventure, similar to Cruise for a Corpse w/the portraits of the characters, where you were investigating a murder in a Swiss chateau? That one was pretty cool too, wish I could remember the name.

im not sure what this shareware game is your talking about, the closest thing to what your describing i can think of is "the colonel's bequest", which was another of the sierra games.

Beneath a Steel Sky and Simon The Soceror were without a doubt totally excellent :agree .

i own originals of both those games.

how about good old leisure suit larry?

anyone played Conquests of Camelot or Conquests of the Longbow?

it290 you fight like a dairy farmer :slap

I was always lost on Indiana jones & The Fate of Atlantis :blush: the game I played the most was Flight of The Amazon Queen pretty fun untill my save disk died. The same happened to my +100 campaign Wings after that I started using x-copy alot more.

Back