Growing the Community

Jaded God

Established Member
We should try to get even more active members... So posts get replied to quicker and the board becomes even more popular and active..
smile.gif
Just a suggestion/thought.

jeez, I know how to ask questions.. I'll give you the modchip questions because I was stressed out and I wanted it to be seen right away so I could fix it and clean up all the stuff I had laying around everywhere.

Theres almost 3,500 members on this board , thats allot of people , what it needs more of is contributions , by that I mean people who help out with answering questions making content ect . Of the 3,500 less than 20 give in any way and half of those give by feeding there ego .

I would hope 20 is a low number, but you might be right. As far as egos though, I think those people who tend to feed their egos get, at some point, soundly ridiculed either overtly or covertly, usually both.

What is kind of interesting is that the FTP section might be generating traffic (the site has loaded slower for me, recently) but even fewer people are posting now than before the reopening. I wonder why that is?...

Its hard to make lots of replys when you dont realy have anything to add, ive been on this board for at least a year and a half on and off and i hardly have anything racked up.

Yeah, Reinhart, what about you START one?
smile.gif

After all, I think the SX board could become more active already if we users started taking initiatives instead of being like, "What do you think about... / Is this a good idea... / Should we..." - some of the threads such as "so what did you have for lunch" (while hardly game-related, *grin*) or "post pics of your setups" are pretty cool IMHO. And if things weren't in a mess in my room right now I'd whip my webcam out immediately and post a pic of my own *sigh*

You should announce that contest over at NintendoXtreme too. Maybe Instant Weapons-Grade Yoshi will come back to improve his record.

i think time will bring in more traffic

i too noticed less people than before and figured the ftp section has not caught on and or driven people away

i just think traffic will change soon with no other fancy additions - also here in the us its the holiday season and testing season in schools - many could be craming and have no time to post

1) The average member seems to have a less-than-standard ability to use the English language. That or less than 10 seconds to post a line or two in reply. Spend a little bit more time on your posts and people might be more interested in reading your thoughts.

I'd just like to state that it seems like the people living outside of the US, England, and other countries seem to do much better in general when expressing themselves through English on this board. Sad, really.

2) Don't fill the board with silly shit. Post worthwhile topics. People don't come to a video game forum to talk about dirty socks, sex, the Super Bowl, or how you saw your Mom in the bathroom this morning, etc. Well, wait, maybe we do want to hear about that last one. We might get a good laugh out of it if there's a good story involved...

3) Tell your friends about SX. Word of mouth is so very powerful. If you enjoy a site, tell your friends. People would appreciate URLs to actual sites and not URLs to stupid fucking jokes on a joke archive site. Send them a URL of SX if they like Sega or video games in general.

4) SX itself doesn't have to be updated daily for the Forum community to be active. So don't bother or blame Iceman or anyone who happens to be on the staff. People don't stop coming to a Forum because a site's "dormant." They stop because they find it's not worthwhile visiting anymore (usually due to the quality of the post content, etc.).

Just a few thoughts I typed up in a minute...

I set the ftp board so that guests cannot see it, only members which is better because you avg joe doesnt know we have an ftp board
biggrin.gif

I set the ftp board so that guests cannot see it, only members which is better because you avg joe doesnt know we have an ftp board
biggrin.gif

All well and good except for...

Tell your friends about SX. Word of mouth is so very powerful.

...there goes the secrecy
smile.gif

I'd just like to state that it seems like the people living outside of the US, England, and other countries seem to do much better in general when expressing themselves through English on this board. Sad, really.

Yep. Although, in all fairness, we do get a fair share of people from foreign countries that don't make a whole lot of sense. I suppose that might be the fault of Babelfish.

Yeah, Reinhart, what about you START one?
smile.gif

After all, I think the SX board could become more active

Good point. Although this is mostly for the mods I would think. ie: when I made those SX logos for fun. People seemed to like them, and Ice even suggested a contest. Something like that would be hard for a mere member to start. I can't change the SX logo, that's up to Ice. And to have a contest without some kinda prize is lame. Again, in fairness, Ice has had contests in the past so... um, no point (except kudos to Ice).

I dunno, just a few random thoughts here. Keep in mind I like SX, it's something I visit every day. So... yeah.

I have been debating to have a logo contest or not. The current logo is great and I'm worried that if we get a new logo I would have to change around the colors of the page or something like that to go with the new logo. But if a new logo was picked that I didnt have to do all that it would be grand.

I dunno, time to get back to Grandia 2...

I still have a bunch of video games and accessories left over from my dead video game store to give away as prizes though
biggrin.gif

Think of some contests guys and I'll see what I can do.

I have been debating to have a logo contest or not. The current logo is great and I'm worried that if we get a new logo I would have to change around the colors of the page or something like that to go with the new logo. But if a new logo was picked that I didnt have to do all that it would be grand.

You can make rules ya know. Guidelines like "it has to be the same color scheme." It being your site, your logo, and your contest you could do whatever you wanted. Besides, no one says you have to USE it. It could be a thing people vote on where they pick the one they like best, or where you pick the one you like best. Just makin' some suggestions...

I dunno, time to get back to Grandia 2...

Heh, I just finished that a month or so ago myself. I wasn't really that impressed with it. I found that I didn't really need to have any real strategy to win. I just hammered away at stuff and eventually won. And the story wasn't really all that compelling either. Ah well. Currently I'm working on finishing Skies of Arcadia. I had to start over after I left it for a year (!!) and couldn't remember what the hell I was doing.

Back