Guilty Gear X

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Another fighting game for the Dreamcast this week? Yes, but it's not just any fighting game. Why? Because this one is pretty... VERY PRETTY (especially in VGA)!!! :wub: Don't you agree? :agree :cool:

Ya, this game fukin rocks! It's one of 2 DC imports I have (this and Shen 2). One of my fave fighting games for sure....

Beautiful fighting game, amazing graphics and music, great character design, and a very polished fighting system, very fast paced and balanced (disregarding Sol Badguy).

I really love love this game.

Yeah I played GG XX a few weeks ago on my vacation (I will post pics of the awesome arcade soon) and it renewed my interest in the X.

It got me back on my DC after a long break. I only "fooled around" with it before. Now I'm starting to appreciate it a lot more. It does seem very balanced and well-made -- not just a pretty face.

Still not sure why it didn't get a US release for the DC

A great game, to be sure, but most of the tunes were fairly substandard. It's a shame that the quite technical fighting engine is sometimes lost in the pace of the battles. But still one of the more enjoyable fighters on the dreamcast. I hope they come out with a new game soon that substantially improves on the animation, i think that's the dream of every 2d fighting fan.

Guilty Gear's soundtrack was simply amazing!!!!, being a musicologist I found the music very funny, but at the same time it kicked arse (not ass!)

Yeah, the quality was decent, I just don't really like generic thrashy stuff all that much.

True, this game was and still is a graphical masterpiece. However, I think that the difficulty setting in NORMAL mode was a bit too much for the average gamer (To be more exact, close to the end). If the game had a difficulty curve like for example that of Samurai Shodown 2 it would have been better overall. Musicwise, I can't complaint as it fit the futuristic era of the game. This is not to say that the game was that bad at all since it gave us a glimpse of how a probable Hi Res 2d fighting game of SF would look like ... (We can only dream) :cool:

GGX is one of those games that I spent a bunch on, expected alot, and have played less than three hours in two years. Just can't get into it.

Back