GunGrave

mtxblau

Mid Boss
Has anyone been watching the new series? I can't help but think it's a carbon copy of Sword of the Berserk (and those of that ilk, i.e. Trigun) but just modified somewhat.

I guess if there's a winning formula you don't mess with it, but you would think they could break some new ground given the story.

Any thoughts?

Haven't seen that series but I know where you're coming from...

75% of anime is just a rehash of the worthwhile 25%... that's just pretty much how it is...

~Krelian

Originally posted by Krelian@Nov 10, 2003 @ 03:43 PM

Haven't seen that series but I know where you're coming from...

75% of anime is just a rehash of the worthwhile 25%... that's just pretty much how it is...

~Krelian

So true, the same thing can be said of video games. :sigh

Yep, it's up to Episode 6 as far as I can tell.

It's not half bad, but it remains true to the points made above. Hey, it passes the time.

It's up to Episode 14 now. You know, it's at the point where the flashback ends and it merges with current day storyline (well, in this case, it'll take one more episode, I suppose).

In any event, I have to say it isn't half bad. Actually, watching the very first episode again makes the rest of the untold story very interesting, especially with the way the character development has progressed through this series (above average character development, that's for sure).

Just wanted to update. :D

Well, the series is over.

Unfortunately, it went with the tried and true ending where the point of most of the story is lost (highly irritating), but it did end as expected. It ended with a few technical details unanswered, but otherwise all loose ends have been tied.

Though, I must say it did feel like an epic. The character development was very well done, even for the minor characters. It made the ending palatable, that's for sure. It didn't switch gears randomly as some anime is prone to do (re: Trigun). It did have those moments where it made you groan (overly dramatic) but they were kept at a minimum (trust me, could've been a LOT worse).

Overall, very cliched, not something you haven't seen several times over, but it spite of that it was entertaining. A solid 3 out of 5.

Back