Ha Ha! FFX sucks....

From the Gaming-Age forums:

http://pub37.ezboard.com/fgamingageforums2frm0.showMessageRange?topicID=10069.topic&start=1&stop=20

FFX - 6/10

Wipeout Fusion - 5/10

The FFX review is well written and here are a couple of snippets.

"And for how much longer can the Final Fantasy series be held up as a model of game design inthe face of evidence completely to the contrary?"

"Following the same formula as the previous playstation adventures, but exaggerated with next-gen insensitivity, the FFX feature list runs as follows: puzzles which involve little thought, but rely on systematic time-consuming trial and error, unbreakable animation sequences thta initially impress, then subconsciously irritate; interminable FMV sequences immediately before unpredictably deadly boss encounters; infinite numbers of unavoidable, non-threatening random battles; an utterly linear room-by-room progression mechanism; and, in Tidus, perhaps the most irritating lead character Square has ever conceived, a squawking, petulant teen who it's near impossible to care for."

"While the plot's reasonably considered, the dialogue, both textual and verbal, is nauseating. Edge isn't aware whether this comes from the original Japanese script or just a mundane, foolish translation, but the voice acting, which is passable at best but risible in the main, only emphasisese every clumsy syllable. It renders the pathos comedic, the comedy dead, and since emotion is meant to be the series' driving force, it butchers the whole game."

"It's a matter of perspective, devout Square followers will spend 40, 50 hours inside FFX'2 Spira, and hail it as the tenth coming, when all Edge sees is another bloated false prophet come to steal away your time. But poor scripting aside, the question's still worth asking. If enough people worship something, does it matter how worthy it is? Edge's opinion: yes, it does, and ignore the acolytes. Some idols aren't worth building religions around"

"Edge rating: Six out of Ten"

LOL! Is this magazine available in the States? I want it!

Ouch. Honest, though.

Quote: from 3rdman on 2:22 am on Jan. 30, 2002

"Edge rating: Six out of Ten"

LOL! Is this magazine available in the States? I want it!

If the writing of this review is any indication of the quality of the mag, then I want it too.

It all sucked after VII anyway.

I'm glad *somebody* with some distribution finally had the balls to say that an FF game isn't the best thing ever.

As for being available in the States, IIRC they shared editorial staff with Next Generation, at least for a while. Still, I get the feeling that NG would have given FFX five stars just to avoid pissing people off (maybe they did review it, but I missed it if they did).

you all suck major balls!!!!!!11

FINAL FANTASY X IS THE BEST ONE YET!!!!

YOU ALL ARE COMPLETE IDOITS, YOU MUST NOT BE GOOD AT FFX IF YOU HATE IT THAT MUCH A**HOLES

cute guy.

banned for extreme aolish behavior (yes, he IS on aol).

guess what he entered for "time offset" when he regged?

"easternstandard".. yeah, like ezboard knows how many hours that is.

HAH :)

Arn't these the same people that gave Luigi's Mansion 8/10 or something along those lines. I wouldn't put much stock into what they have to say :p

That guy's worse than me! I'll see if FFX is good or bad in a month (yes, it may surprise you, but I went for a DC instead of FFX :)) my step-bro says it's better than all the FFs before it. I'm skeptical. I'm surprised he likes FFX more than VII :eek:. It better be worth the extra two months I had to wait (I got my DC month ago, 1 month left until FFX).

IMO FFX is the best Final Fantasy yet. #### almost the best RPG every made.(No RPG to date comes near Lunar for Sega CD)

The gameplay,graphics and the story are top notch! I like the new AP/Sphere system. Its a bit more intresting than your typical exp/level system. Only thing that bugged me a bit was the lack of magic. Wasn't a lot of spells to learn and your magic users become pretty useless after awhile.

I rather like FFX, but the lack of classic leveling up and especially different armor/weapons kinda annoys me. all weapons and all armor are identical in their values (i.e. they don't add to your strength or defense), the only diff are the abilities equipped to them.

although a sword with Stone Strike sure is neat :p

btw, wipeout fusion, while not having the greatest visuals, is actually fun too. it plays very smoothly.

Quote: from Arakon on 4:01 pm on Jan. 30, 2002

I rather like FFX, but the lack of classic leveling up and especially different armor/weapons kinda annoys me. all weapons and all armor are identical in their values (i.e. they don't add to your strength or defense), the only diff are the abilities equipped to them.

although a sword with Stone Strike sure is neat :p

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! WAIT A SEC!!! Weapons and Armor don't add to your strength? WTF? This is weird!

Calm down Dylan..... FFVIII was different from FFVII in many ways, Square's just doing things differently like they did with FFVIII.

Radsil: "It all sucked after VII anyways."

Gofamon: "I whole heartedly agree Radsil."

Me:

WHile I must agree that FFVIII was a let down, I have been playing FFIX for about two weeks now and I think its pretty good. Sure the random battles do get annoying after a while, the villan is a fag, and the fact that your character is still too dumb to realize that casting a cure spell or using a healing item is useless on a recently deceased party member doesn't mean that the games arn't still fun.

I realy havn't played much of FFX yet, but what I have played has taught me two things about the game: 1. Tidus is a complete retard, and 2. The game is EXTREMELY beautiful. I do think that squaresoft should have also done a better job on the watter effects, seeing as how much water you see durring the first couple hours of the game (im not sure how much their is through the game as, like I said, I havn't plyed much).

Oh, and on a side note, thanks for finnaly banning Demon. I know him in RL and he takes it VERY offensivly if anyone ever says something bad about the FF'S. He realy shouldn't be on the SX boards unless he's willing to listen to a little bit of Playstation game bashing here and their.

I think the major beef with the reviewer is not necessarily that the gamelplay is bad, but simply that its been done before. While there are RPG's out there that try to strech the idea of what an RPG is, FF is stuck in an time warp.

Look what's out there...Shenmue2, Project Ego, PSO, and PC RPG's (among others) are trying different things and streching the defenition and expectations of what an RPG is.

(Edited by 3rdman at 9:40 pm on Jan. 30, 2002)

ffx does look bad and i don't want to play it, and 11...UGH! they put classes in it that have never seen the light of day in a squaresoft game before (and should never see the light of day in them). Squaresoft isn't a good company anymore, ff6 was as good as it got for squaresoft

Back