Half Life 2 for Linux Petition.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Oct 3, 2003 @ 08:59 PM

Why no HL for Mac dammit!? Are we Mac users too good for you Valve!? ARGH!

It may come eventually.

But ports take time -- especially if you want them to be good.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Oct 3, 2003 @ 12:59 AM

Why no HL for Mac dammit!? Are we Mac users too good for you Valve!? ARGH!

Because Macs aren't powerful enough. bwahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bow down to the almighty PC! :bow :bow :bow :bow

...Couldn't help it. ;)

Hey, now that the source's been leaked, someone will probably port it and release it anonymously. ;)

Seriously though, isn't the HL2 engine Direct3D-based? If so, I doubt it'll ever get ported to any other platform (except the xbox grrr).

Meh, my xbox will run it no matter how amazing of pc it requires.

But wait... I just bought this pc...and its amazing....so I'll have 2 different ways of playing it . Oh, how will I ever decide :huh:

Such is my dilemma :smokin:

I highly doubt the hl2 source code will be useful in any real manner anytime soon, if even at all. As for Mac and linux users- nanananana na I'll be playing it and you won't :p Might as well ask Valve to port it to run on Linux for Dreamcast... or better yet, the atari 2600 :lol:

---Ammut

Actually, I'll just wait and play it for XBox. And when I'm talking HL, I'm mainly talking the original (which I own for damn Windows). I'd kill to play TFC, DoD, and FireArms (CS sucks...) on my Mac. If only Valve had complete the Mac version (I heard that they had started porting it over, shortly after thw Windows version was released, but then they canned it. For the same reasonm why the DC version wsa canned. Didn't feel a big enough market to get a profit <_< :angry: :damn: :rant :blah THAT'S UTTER BULLSHIT!)

Or I could get Virtual PoC and play it with that. Although I'd be damaging my Mac... I'm not gonna let M$ sabotage it, with their shitty OS. Which, BTW, Microsoft BLATANTLY ripped off Mac OS for Windows. Same with AppleWorks to make MS Suite/Office or whatever the hell you call that crap.

http://www.petitiononline.com/hl2mac/ :D :D :D :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :drool: :drool: :drool:

Yes yes yes and Apple got their ideas from where?

*cough*

This debate has been raging on for decades. Just give it up already and suffer quietly.

Yes, yes, I know where this is headed. Last time it was the iD software thread... :wanker

If you want a Mac vs PC thread start a new one.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Oct 4, 2003 @ 02:56 AM

Dude mac's are not that good get over it.

it depends what aspect you're referring too.

When it comes to raw power, value, and selection of software, the PC will probably be on top for years to come.

When it comes to well built machines, good support, great user interfaces, attention to detail, and innovation, than Apple is the way to go.

It's all in what you value

Back