Hardware reset from Paddle

vbt

Staff member
I spend my time on pushing the reset button of the Saturn when I do some tests. Is there a command to do the same when pushing a button of the paddle ? Sure I didn't really serch but maybe someone here has ot the answer.

Most games will reset if you hold A+B+C+Start. I don't know if that is built into the system, though, or if it's added on a game-by-game basis.

Designate a certain button that will call the "SMPC" command: 0x9 (or "SYSRES.") this will pretty much reset the Saturn.

Code:
static void

smpc_command_call(unsigned char command)

{

/* Wait until the command has finished executing. */

for (; ((*smpc.sf & 0x1) == 0x1););

/* Execute the command. */

*smpc.sf = 0x1;

*smpc.comreg = command;

/* Wait until the command has finished executing. */

for (; ((*smpc.sf & 0x1) == 0x1););

}

Then,
Code:
smpc_command_call(0x9);

vbt said:
I spend my time on pushing the reset button of the Saturn when I do some tests. Is there a command to do the same when pushing a button of the paddle ? Sure I didn't really serch but maybe someone here has ot the answer.

If you are running tests using the Action Replay, you can make your program jump to the AR ROM entry point for a quick reset (no BIOS intro animation) at $22000100. I have my crt0.s file set up so that when main() returns, it jumps to that address. Very handy.

cgfm2 said:
If you are running tests using the Action Replay, you can make your program jump to the AR ROM entry point for a quick reset (no BIOS intro animation) at $22000100. I have my crt0.s file set up so that when main() returns, it jumps to that address. Very handy.

The bios animation still runs when you power on the system right? I just wish there was a way to permanently disable that thing, the menus even, all I care about is the RAM and the satellite features.

Pyrite said:
The bios animation still runs when you power on the system right? I just wish there was a way to permanently disable that thing, the menus even, all I care about is the RAM and the satellite features.

Yeah, you can't skip that. At least you can make it go faster by hitting start, but it's still inconvenient.

Back