Has anyone played FF: Crystal Chronicles yet?

I have to agree with many of the others. I don't have any friends who own GBA's. Hell, not many of my friends even play RPG's. Most people I know are FPS/RTS fans. There was a time I could have gotten enough people together at my house for hours on end. But that was probably 6 years ago.

Originally posted by reX dart: eskimo spy@Feb 25, 2004 @ 05:38 AM

And I didn't mean for you to take my previous post as a personal attack on you. I'm sorry you took it that way. :sigh

Thats ok, man. I just get defensive when people claim I'm a Sega/Sony/Microsoft fanboy, and against Nintendo. I know YOU didnt, personally, but you know what I mean. I agree that Nintendo has made SOME mistakes here and there, like the virtual boy, Virtual Boy 2.. er.. i mean Gameboy DS, and no real Online Strategem for the GC, but I still stand by them. My favorite company is SEGA, but hey, Nintendo is a great contender. =)

When I included the GC in the price list, I actually meant to.. You see, at some point, you actually DO have to buy a Gamecube, for the specific game, (or another). For me, I had to buy the GC for 4 reasons.

1. Nintendo's new Console

2. Mario Sunshine

3. Zelda: Wind Waker

4. Metroid Prime (just beat it last night)

So basically, if I didnt have a GC, and figured I had to play CC, (which at some point, i would like to) I would have to buy the console, and another $100 piece of hardware to get the full experience of the game, and of course the $50 for the game, or $40 if its used. Ive heard its kind of dull on single player, but I cant back that up because I havent played it at all yet. So anyway, in order to play the game as it should be, I would have to spend money on extra hardware. I like how the GBA can unlock stuff on certain games, but I don't really like the idea of using it as my preliminary controller. I already have 4 controllers for my GC (Double Dash!! goodness). I know that people have talked about the GBA not stopping the game mid-fight in order for someone to fiddle with their inventory, but thats the thing.. its an RPG, and most (not all of course) RPGs are turn based... why not just keep with that method, and use the regular GC controllers? I dunno, if the GBAsp was say, $50, rather than full Gamecube price, I would be more inclined to purchase one, but since I'm jobless at the moment, I cant afford it, much less 3 more for my firends.

If you dont have the harware (come on, who doesn't own a GBA but owns a GC, XBox, or PS2?) then dont play the game multiplayer. Play it single player like all the other FF games. It's an added bonus and if u dont like it, don't play it, nuff' said.

Me too. I do on a GBA Player and a GB Color, but not a proper GBA. I certainly don't have 3 extra GBAs laying around.

Although I think Nintendo is as much to blame for this (with all their focus on 'connectivity' BS) as Square-Enix is.

Originally posted by it290@Feb 26, 2004 @ 02:31 AM

Me too. I do on a GBA Player and a GB Color, but not a proper GBA. I certainly don't have 3 extra GBAs laying around.

Although I think Nintendo is as much to blame for this (with all their focus on 'connectivity' BS) as Square-Enix is.

yeah I can agree witchas there.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Feb 25, 2004 @ 04:32 PM

......Play it single player like all the other FF games. It's an added bonus and if u dont like it, don't play it, nuff' said.

Multiplayer is one of the main aspects of the game. They advertise the game as a multiplayer game too.

Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Feb 25, 2004 @ 05:00 PM

platinum. =)

I've also got a platinum GC :)

Unlike the majority of you, I also have a GBA, a platinum one aswell... only thing is I don't know where I put it :lol:

---Ammut

Originally posted by it290@Feb 25, 2004 @ 09:31 PM

You don't need three extra frigging GBA's. The idea is, that you'd have three friends who own GBA's. I mean, fuck, look at the sales figures on that monster.

And GBA's aren't $100, they're $60... $50-40 if you go used. >_>

And beyond that, seriously guys, if you're so unable to find three others with GBA's then too fuckin' bad.

Personally, I had zero trouble - in fact, I had less than zero trouble. I already knew four people with GBA's a good year before the game was even announced as what it is.

Sadly I only know one person (other than my wife's piano students) in my town that actually has a GBA -- and he's annoying

Tag,

the GBA is $60 if you get the crappy old version. I'm not going to want to play on something that is nigh impossible to view.

The SP, the "true" GBA is still $100.

Also, just because sales figures show that 10 trillion GBAs have sold in the last 10 minutes does not mean that I magically have one.

Pokemon crap sells like hotcakes.. doesnt mean I have any poke-crap.

Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Feb 26, 2004 @ 07:48 PM

Tag,

the GBA is $60 if you get the crappy old version. I'm not going to want to play on something that is nigh impossible to view.

The SP, the "true" GBA is still $100.

Also, just because sales figures show that 10 trillion GBAs have sold in the last 10 minutes does not mean that I magically have one.

Pokemon crap sells like hotcakes.. doesnt mean I have any poke-crap.

1. The original GBA is better than the SP, imo. For several reasons. If you can't see it, your eyesight must really suck. I can play my original GBA on my school bus in the mornings, on the way to school - and I arrive at school by about ~6:45 - using only Pelican Accessories's light. I've even played through 4/5 of the legendarily hard to see Castlevania: Circle of the Moon that way.

2. I wasn't saying that it'd mean YOU had a GBA. I meant that that's why they're relying on the connectivity to make it work - they're relying on the statistics that state that everyone who owns a GameCube SHOULD in THEORY know at least a good handful of GBA owners.

3. TBH, some things in CC would really, really suck if there were no GBA's. I find myself shuffling my command menu quite a bit at times, to make room for certain spells - if I had to do that on the fly on the game screen, it'd surely screw up my teammates with the big menus cluttering things - and if it paused all the time, the game would become horribly stop and go. It's very handy, being able to push Select and fudge through the menus while your character automatically stays within the safe sphere.

4. There's nothing wrong with the Pokémon games, though much of the merchandising is indeed irritating and crappy.

Back